• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Using windows oem more than once

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i get 3 chances to make changes? I never activated at all so hopefully since this is my first time they will be cool.

the moment of truth of whether i get to play with my 7800gt comes down to whether microsoft believes me or not.

if not then i gotta wait to buy a new oem license......

how limited is windows for the 30 days till you activate?

can i still even get on the internet and install stuff?

You will only notice by the icon and popup. Otherwise it is not hindered in any way.

I heard of users getting less than the full 30 days. Though I have no way of verifying it. I just wanted to give a warning it could happen.

I guess since it resets the config everytime is why I am still cool. As I mentioned prior, my upgrades have been spread over many months. I was going by the "3 parts", from the initial release of XP. There was a lot of debate on the activation and how it worked. Some parts must of it slipped my mind. :shrug:

Back