• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UT2004: Insane Frag Video.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Haha!

What is it about UT that always makes you come crawling back? Games come and go, but a few times a year I always find myself becoming re-addicted to the UT deathmatch, CTF, or onslaught.

DM for me, I'll go through phases of not playing it and playing it hard out :D

Yeah, check out my demo. Im "alright" but not compared to these guys. its about like 9min of warmup with my fellow UT player Learnin. Pretty intense.

Back to the Original video...

1. They are not hacking, they are pwning....big difference, unless you play CS. Then there is no difference.

2. The music and editing is pretty sweet, at least the first part.(Slower BPM music)

3. Inspirational, at least the first techno song/demo was good.

MonroeM said:
Ok, the definitive answer: I've been in numerous cheating leagues/clans since Aliens vs Predator was popular on MPlayer so I believe my credentials are in order. ;)

The way these guys play, it's obvious they either bot and wallhack... or just spend every waking moment playing UT2K4.

To be honest, nothing in that video blew my skirt up until I saw the shots w/ the lightning gun around corners; THAT definitely looked like botting.

To be brutally honest, UT2K4's anti-cheating sucks as well; it's a toss-up whether or not these guys are legit. Either way, cheating or not, if you're THAT good, for cryin' out loud, get in some contest or something, win some money, show your wives/girlfriends/mothers that you're not just wasting time playing at all hours of the day & night... just to play.
wow are you joking? ...

nobody would ever make a video of themselves hacking.

Is it just me or does a lot of this not look that impressive? A good % appears to be lucky shots. Or well timed shots that relied on a lot of luck. IE rockets through doors - guy jumps infront of rocket - guy blows up - UBER AWESOME.. WOW! I'll give it to them on the shock rifle combos and lightning gun aim. That was pretty impressive. But other than that *eh...*

Kids these days. Nothing impresses them, and if something does they are automatically hacking :rolleyes:

Check out the vid Digital Speed too. Its even better.

Oni said:
I don't believe it. People that good don't exist without some kind of help. Either a lot of that video is staged, or they're using aimbot hacks.

i accidently wandered onto one of their clan servers once a few months back..... (i remember the names is how i know i did so)... My first few seconds, i went total flack-monkey on them and tore them up and got about 15 kills in the first oh.... 30-35 seconds... after that.... they started using bots. AimBots, jump bots... name it... they turned it on...... They even had hacks that would 'deflect' shots away from them.

One time I played late at night and ended up on a server with some crazy guys... I don't know if they used bots or what, but it scared the crap out of me so bad (heat shots from around the corner etc) that I haven't played but 7-8 times with a friend since then, and that was 4 months ago.

I was badly pwned, and the game could never be the same for me... I suppose next month will be the time for me to reload the game and get back into playing some more.

TollhouseFrank said:
i accidently wandered onto one of their clan servers once a few months back..... (i remember the names is how i know i did so)... My first few seconds, i went total flack-monkey on them and tore them up and got about 15 kills in the first oh.... 30-35 seconds... after that.... they started using bots. AimBots, jump bots... name it... they turned it on...... They even had hacks that would 'deflect' shots away from them.

Your umm....serious?

They arent hacking in that vid.

TollhouseFrank said:

We all know euros own the US in UT2004, plain and simple. I dont think its possible getting 15 kills in 30 seconds unless you were in a 2x2ft room w/ a flak cannon while they are unarmed. Having the reputation like Viruz or hs, I really doubt they would use hacks. As for deflecting, you can deflect shock cores w/ the shieldgun while using secondary, and you can kill shock cores w/ the flak secondary ball. I dont believe your story for a second.

As for you playing with them,

1: They dont necessarily play UT2004 anymore, everyone has moved on to Quake4, we all know that.
2: They are Euros, they do NOT rent out US servers.
3: Getting 15 kills in 30 seconds w/ 120-240 ping would be highly impressive, accusing them in cheating in the first place makes that highly unlikely.

Not to get on your case, dont take it personally. These guys dont hack.

Last edited:
You could easily get 100 ms ping to europe if you're on the east coast, even less. But you're right, that guy is full of ****. I get 60 ms ping coast to coast (Seattle, WA to New York, NY). NY to UK is probably comparable. SEA to UK = 100 ms avg. (BBC) or 140 ms avg (homeoffic.gov.uk). Either case is easily less than 100 ms from NY.

he video was amazing but the editing was so bad it made me throw up in the back of my mouth and the music isn't something I'd make my septic tank listen to. Amateurs try to make there stuff look all fancy when it would be much more impressive to just have cuts of good footage from multiple angles. Also, I imagine that was a lot of footage they cut from so it is not surprising that there are many "that was a total luck shot" moments in there.

As to whether they were hacking, who knows, who cares? That level of skill is possible and is quite impressive to watch. Some people get there panties in a knot when they realize they just aren't that good :)

Last edited:
ok first of all, yes i was impressed by the frags in this movie.. but uhh.. as for the people who are like "omg hax in a can~~~" umm.. have any of you ever heard of the NZ clan ada? i have a couple of UT99 vids of them getting frags as impressive as this, and yes i know, ut99 compared to 2k4 is just something you dont do, but i have played these guys in 2k4 and ut and i can tell you they own.. also, look up the clan dx.. they would rock these guys socks off to be honest..

overall though, im not going to say it was a bad movie, because i mean heck, rocket prediction as good as this isnt easy to come by. nor is lightning flicks as good as this, but take mine and others words for it: there are better players than this out there who dont hack, and proof can be shown if in doubt

Careface*

border, you need to install a codec. Your best bet is probably downloading the xvid codec. Just do a google search :p

Back