• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UV LED's in the Logitech G5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

princeofdarknes

Ok, Ok, here's my idea, i held up my G5's weight cartridge next to my UVCCFL, and it's UV sensative, so my thought is, replace the LED's in the G5 that give it it's light with UV LED's, it'd still have an orange glow, but it'll be the cool UV orange
I'm not gonna say i'm gonna do it anytime soon, since whenever i do say i'm gonna do something, i never get around to doing it, so dont expect updates as you may have seen in some of my previous "projects"
But, i'd like to know a few things, How many LED's are in the cartidge bay, 2 or 4? What size are they, 3mm or 5mm? and where can i get UV LED's for under $1.50USD each?

I'd also like to see if its possible to replace the lights in the DPI display, cuz i'm not much of an orange guy, i'd rather make those UV or purple or something like that.
If anyone knows of a site that shows a dissasembled G5, i'd be grateful

tell me what you think
-prince

Im not sure, But im pretty sure there are LEDs that light up the weight tray, but I dunno, im an MX518 owner :)

maxxoverclocker said:
the g5 is a laser mouse... are u trying to replace the laser with leds? or is there another led in the g5 ur talking about?

lol i'm not stupid, i know its a laser mouse, that's one reason i bought it, but there are LED's in the weight cartridge bay, plus, if you didnt pay attention to my post, i specifically said "How many LED's are in the cartidge bay", as in, the weight cartridge bay

thanx for letting me know there are 2 goodgod, cuz it does kinda look like 4 when you look into it, but that must just be a reflection on the other side

princeofdarknes said:
lol i'm not stupid, i know its a laser mouse, that's one reason i bought it, but there are LED's in the weight cartridge bay, plus, if you didnt pay attention to my post, i specifically said "How many LED's are in the cartidge bay", as in, the weight cartridge bay

thanx for letting me know there are 2 goodgod, cuz it does kinda look like 4 when you look into it, but that must just be a reflection on the other side

LOL hey man just making sure, it was late and didn't reread, good luck

ah beware when adding LED's....i soldered two into my old crappy dell trackball mouse to make it look like a black mouse with red eyes when looking at it...and it worked for like a day or two...but then the pcb inside the mouse started on fire and melted the plastic....

OWNED by LEDs

AWSOME! Thanx adam, and if you can, tell me what kindof LED's are for the DPI display, are they surface mount or 3mm?

edit: wait, why is your G5 in peices, did you disassemble it or did something horrible happen?

Last edited:
Back