• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vendor success stories

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ihrsetrdr

Señor Senior Member
Ebay processed a refund on a purchase I made from a seller who went "no longer registered" right after my payment. I was prepared for a weeks long wait, and /or complete disappointment.

Took maybe an hour, done! Thanks ebay! :thup:

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Another ebay success story: my Better Call Saul-Season 5 dvd showed up in my mailbox- yay! Also, kudos to the USPS delivery guy for not mis-delivering or stealing it! :clap:

Got my water softener purchase delivered- it wasn't damaged! 3rd times the charm. I made the first purchase through Home Depot, when i found the shipment damaged I called them, they lowered my stress level by making the return process easy. Refund came quickly, as soon as they saw UPS pickup. As it turned out- I found a more suitable water softener on Amazon, but like the 1st softener from HD it too has damaged. Softener #3 got here yesterday, it actually does have a small crack in the plastic cowling, but that won't affect use and operation.

It is, without a doubt, good to hear some positives. You're more likely to hear negative stories compared to ones that went well. People don't complain, nor celebrate when things go right. Honestly, that is expected. So when things go wrong, people ***** and complain.

It's for this reason why I giggle a bit inside when I see people swear off brands because of a bad experience or seeing a lot of bad experiences on the web. With these large vendors, for the most part, I'd say 95% of any customer service interaction is handled appropriately. Now, they may not be solved to the delight of the user (i.e...someone tries to return a motherboard and there is a gouge in a trace/cap missing/physical damage - user error).

Some do get the shaft, that is real (if I told you the story of my brand spanking new Nissan Sentra SER Spec V and a 1.5-year fiasco, you'd wonder why I would ever consider Nissan again, lol) but for the most part, things go well. What's heartening is the above and beyond like things they didn't have to do...

... for example, Thermaltake. I own that big arse P5 case. Twice now the USB ports have crapped out on me (over ~5 years, they are used A LOT). I asked where I could buy the replacement and they shipped it out to me at no cost two times. Same with the included (or ordered?) riser card for the GPU. That crapped out on me... emailed them and they sent another. This was more recent and well out of warranty while the others were out of warranty, but closer.

Amazon:thup:

Last summer I ordered Red Calipers and Coated Hubs for my Jeep. $300 or so. I received the correct Calipers but the Hubs were for a Dodge pickup.

In the chat box they offered the refund and return shipping. I explained how I waited 2 weeks and the car was on blocks , I really needed the calipers but I could get the hubs local...Could I just return the Hubs?

No you can't do that , all we can do is offer a full refund and you keep the whole order...Surprised I told them I did not want to take advantage of them...They said that is Ok , donate them. (Which I did , gave them to a mechanic friend.)

This made up for the 50 times when 2 day prime delivery was a pipe dream...:rain:

Back