• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Verizon Wireless

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
where i'm at Verizion is pretty good.

i get a great signal no matter where i'm at, unless i'm inside a store. But thats normal, since there's so much metal in the roof's and such.

I'm using my brothers phone on his Verizion account. he's in the navy, and out in japan for 2 years. So he's not using it at the moment. Plus, i get a 10% discount since he's in the military ( heh, kinda cheap huh? keke ).

But when he was in boot camp ( up in chicago ), he had his number changed to a chicago number. When he came home from bootcamp, his phone was still a chicago number. but none of us realized this. Well he left for japan, and i had been using the phone for a few months, and still didn't realize this.

I found out because of my g/f's caller ID. said it my cell was a number Near Chicago Ill. At first, i was like " WTF "...then it hit me. The number was never changed.

So, i called verizon's support, Told them i was my brother ( that is, i made them think i was my brother ). And told them that i was in vootcamp in chicago, and i'm now home and i need the number changed to a local number.

all they asked me was my brother's SS number. Which i had. After i told them that they fully believed i was Tony ( my brother ). In a way, thats not such a great thing...all someone would have to do is get his SS number, and could use his phone for free for a month, with everything activated.

So they changed the number, and i took Text Messaging off since i never used it .

They got it changed instantly. They helped me do all the stuff over the phone ( was using the house phone ). Within 10 min. or so i had a new number.

They were quick, gave me detailed instructions, and got my number changed without any hassle.

Maybe i got lucky...or maybe verizion is a decent cell phone carrier in our area...dunno. But i havn't had any trouble with them at all. And will continue to use them untill either they tick me off, or i find a better deal with another phone carrier.

I hate verizon. I had 3 phones with them, I called and inquired what the fee is to cancel early, as I was close to the end of my contract. They told be $150 total. Great, $50 a phone. So I did it. Next bill I get is for like $700. IT was $150 per phone, so like $450 total plus my bill and my prorated bill. Being concious of my nice credit score, I called them and explained I was told it was $150 not $150 per phone. They basically told me too sad. This was three years ago. I got a letter seeking settlement for pennies on the dollar. I think I will finally pay. That is how fed up I was with them. There are a lot of other issues too. This is in Dallas area.

Back