• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Victoria software scanning my PS3's internal hard drives , is this a problem ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

s8n

Registered
hi members , i am using the software Victoria to scan my PS3's internal hard drives for errors. I have done 5 and 2 came up with the message in the attached image below , i have googled it and can't find any concrete evidence that i should buy new hard drives. So i have come to you guys looking for some answers on the Victoria message , i don't mind buying new HDD's but it may be premature if the message is minor.

keep rockin

s8n

Attachments

• no.009.jpg
    no.009.jpg
    448.3 KB · Views: 66
Major lag=Better at least try to remap the mentioned addresses! Looks like the HDD is probably 12 years old or close to that already.

76 MB/s looks right for a 2008 HDD. (or 2007) (maybe 2009?)

Last edited:
as requested..................

Attachments

• no.009 smart.jpg
    no.009 smart.jpg
    337.3 KB · Views: 51
Everything looks fine, but I'm not sure how to read the Disk Shift value. Unless the drive is having problems, I wouldn't replace it.

the drive functions fine in my PS3 , no laggy menus / games freezing etc..........is there another app i can use that has easier to read Disk Shift values ?

I'm not seeing anyone who knows how to read the raw value, but it doesn't really matter. If "worst" is not going down, then I wouldn't worry about it.

awesome this forum and members never disappoints me , i am going to install Patches for my games and i will look out for worst to see if it changes. Thank you both for chiming in and helping me with my situation , it's much appreciated.

keep rockin guys

Back