• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE VisionTek Red Label DDR3-2133 2x4GB Memory Kit Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

If you have been around computers for a long time, then the VisionTek name probably conjures up thoughts of video cards. Actually, that's not such a bad thought as VisionTek used to be one of the "go-to" names in the video card industry. I owned several of their video cards back in the day, but admittedly, it was quite some time ago. VisonTek has branched out since then and now offers enthusiast level memory, SSDs, and of course, video cards as an AMD partner. Today, we'll be looking at one of their branch-out products in the form of a Red Label DDR3-2133 2x4 GB memory kit.
... Return to article to continue reading.

Starting to notice basically all the new memory outside of the cheap budget memory "and even some of those do well now" are all doing relatively similar in performance and most clock within similar areas with minimal changes in performance.

I'm sure there are some that edge out other but does that even give a person one single tangible benefit over others that a user could ever notice such as even 1-2 fps on a fps meter?

I think right now it would seem a user should be just looking for memory that look's good is cheaply priced and still has a decent quality to it.

I think the only area that even shows differences in memory is the overclocking of it but given the performance differences when doing that due to upping the timings to get there its kind of a unnecessary premium.

I think until we see memory that can clock higher with much lower timings were all kind of just spinning out wheels.

we have had memory since 2008 that can probably compete with what were seeing now OCZ3N2000SR2GK ring a bell? 2000mhz @ cas 8 . corsair also had a GT kit that could do the same @ 2000mhz and even better at 1600mhz with 6-7-6-18-1t timing's.

point being the bar hasn't moved much.

exactly my point keny and those benches are probably run on the average 1600mhz -9-9-9-27-2T sticks on the market currently.

heck i've even seen some that are now cas 10@ 1600mhz.. its pretty much going backwards.

cas11 1600mhz are out there...2133mhz cl11 are most likely Hynix MFR single sided, so the same stuff found in 3000mhz kits. Might be a good value kit for binning if you have a 4770k.

Memory is so expensive, and these kits are so underwhelming...

Back