• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vista _ Yay or Nay?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vista - Yay or Nay?

• Yay!

Votes: 274 57.7%
  • Nay...

Votes: 201 42.3%

• Total voters
Not enough of an improvement over XP for me. I've used it extensively and I can't find anything I really like on it that makes me want to rush out and spend £100 plus on a new version. If every game comes out for DX10 only then I will consider it but that is not going to happen for a long while yet.

MS really needs to get away from trying to please everyone with one product, they need to draw a line under backward compatibility at some point.

IME the Yays overpower the Nays, so I give Vista an overall "Yay".

What Gigabit said.
I've been running vista 64 on my gamer and did most of the bench's in the WinterForumWar with Vista. When it first came out it was a pita. Now, not bad, if you disable some stuff.

I...LOVE...VISTA

Running Vista Home Premium 64. ( I honestly don't need any of the features of the higher priced versions. )

When I first used vista, when it was about 3 months old, It was HORRIBLE. No service pack, very VERY little driver support. Though, the lack of driver support wasn't a fault of Microsoft, But a fault of the Hardware and Software companies not giving us the needed drivers.

But now, Vista runs GREAT. Nearly every single application I use either has Vista 64 Drivers, or works perfectly fine in 32 bit mode.

My favorite feature of Vista is how you can control the volume of specific applications in the sound manager.

I can now say that I'm 100% done with Windows XP.

Back