• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vista Audio Service Not Running - Error 1075

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Anubis_386

For some reason, when I turned my PC on this morning after a night of Civ 4 (ahh I love that game) .. The Vista Audio Service won't start ..

My X-Fi card shows up as working A.OK in device manager and I've re-installed its drivers to no luck .. Then, when trying to Start the Service (Start - Service - Windows Audio Service - Start) I get the error ..

"Windows could not start the Windows Audio service on Local Computer.

Error 1075: The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion."

All the start up settings for the service seem to be in order and no amount of fiddling seems to have helped .. I've reinstalled mobo drivers, tried registry changes .. But no luck ..

Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers :beer:

Are all of the Windows Audio service dependencies set to Automatic, and started?...

Multimedia Class Scheduler
Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
DCOM Server Process Launcher
Windows Audio Endpoint Builder
Plug and Play

You could also expand the following branch in the registry...
Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\AudioSrv
... and double-click the DependOnService Multi-String value name. The default Value data entries should be...

AudioEndpointBuilder
RpcSs
MMCSS

Last edited:
If your X-Fi was killed by a moth(Yes, I read that post too) then perhaps you'll need to either install a new sound card OR enable the on-board sound. I know that might sound dumb but at this point it seems like Vista is not seeing a valid sound card. Also is it possible that moth did other damage yet to be determined?? Just a thought.

Z

Back