• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Voodoo Omen AiO Liquid Cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

draza47

Registered
xck6qs918h5y.jpg
Wasn't sure if anyone would find any interest in this like I did but I thought i'd share anyway!
HP released a line of PC's named the "Omen X", with them came the option for a Voodoo AiO cooler.
Turns out, you can buy the cooler separately. Thank god, no way in hell am I spending 1700-2k for a computer for it's cooler.
You can buy it here - https://parts.hp.com/hpparts/default.aspx search for 855712-001
"Heatsink - Thermal, 135W Liquid Cooling, ID16 TYPH"
It's $61 (including the cheapest shipping)
It comes with no backplate or fans. You can buy the Asetek mounting kit here http://stores.ebay.com/Asetek - Admittedly, if I didn't love Voodoo/Omen so much I wouldn't even buy it because you have to spend almost an extra 15-25 bucks just to be able to use it making it cost more than a (e.g.) Corsair H55. But if you want something unique, this would be it.

Whats unique about this outside of the brand? Seems like it's more expensive, need to get a back plate, fans, etc.. ?

Whats unique about this outside of the brand? Seems like it's more expensive, need to get a back plate, fans, etc.. ?
It's unique due to not a lot of people having it. This cooler isn't sold like their normal products. It's purely a replacement part with a #. Again, this is really just for people who like Voodoo/Omen theme stuff. I understand the amount of people who would be interested are quite low but being a big voodoo omen myself I couldn't help but share. There has to be someone out there who feels the same way. I personally think the cooler is badass and so far it's doing a lot better than my Corsair H80i.

Only thing I see is paying a premium for the theme to it. Other than that, its just another rebrand just like the Corsair H55 is from Asetek.

Standard 120mm AIO. Nice, pretty, woohoo.

And how is it doing better? You collect data from the first one you had and after the changes I'm sure you have temp data.....

Back