• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wal-Mart & Co. Questions..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

leaddraft

Guys/Gals,,, NOW, I've heard it all!
I DO NOT usually shop Wally World unless they have a really good deal on something..
I've been shopping around for monitors for me Wifes B-Day, As She is legally "Blind", and was using a 15 inch monitor holding a eyeglass like One inch from the screen, (including Herself )
OK, so I'm going too get Her a nice LCD Wide screen Monitor...
Looked over at the egg, though the dead Pixel policies got me too purchase one at our Local WM.. (I could return if necessary avoiding shipping etc)
I looked at this site...-------------> http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5969502
As you can see this Monitor is 199.00....

Soooooooo, I CALL ON THE PHONE, before going there, too the electronics Dept, and ASK about this Specific Monitor, and BRAND & MODEL number, Quoting the Price as I see it on MY screen at home as 199.00...

I ASK the person I see the price of 199.00 and do they have them "IN STOCK",, yes Sir We do, ok I reply, I coming to pick up 2 monitors, the Clerk even ask's what time too expect me....

My wife and I get too Wal-Mart...
WE go too the Monitor section, there's 4 in stock just like the Clerk said.. but alas, theres a problem....
The Price is 228.00... :confused:
I call the Clerk on call and explain too Him that it was Me that called, quoted the price on the "Website"... Being pleasant, I asked why the Price difference...
HE SAID.. I Quote, That site IS NOT a part of Wal-Mart, It is a different Company......
YOU SAID WHAT??? :confused:
Yes Sir, that IS NOT part of Wal-Mart, it is a different Company...

HUH???? :confused:
At this time I was wondering if I was in fact dreaming and NOT :beer:
I had too pinch myself... :eek:

VERY Pleasantly, I asked too speak with the "Manager"...
I explained exactly, word for word, what I told the Clerk... :eh?:

She said that WAL-MART.COM IS NOT PART OF WAL MART..

I'm like, I was looking around, spotted a overhead TV, just happened they were playing a video about going too the "Wal-Mart Web site" and having your order shipped DIRECTLY too the store...
Same site they were "advertising" one as Shown here-----> http://www.walmart.com
The "Manager" looked me dead in the eye...

We had around us something like 15 or 20 people as my voiced raised up..
I said.... In a nice, but loud way...

Ma'am?!! YOU MEAN TOO TELL ME THAT THE ADVERTISEMENTS AS SHOWN ON YOUR OVERHEAD TV, (with Me pointing at the running advertisement), ABOUT "WAL-MART.COM" IS NOT A PART OF "WAL-MART???? :confused:

No Sir, they are not part of our company....
At that point, I :shrug: up in the air, Not intending too :argue: further...

People came up too me saying.....
I Quote..
"That is deceptive/False advertising"... Which in My mind it is...
OH! One finial note...
YOU CAN, order though the "site"--> http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5969502 ) have this monitor "DELIVERED", but you cannot go too the "Store" and get it for that "advertised" price that is on the "SITE http://www.walmart.com " Because; it IS NOT PART OF WAL MART STORES....
If the Item in question is "in stock"....
There's not enough smilies too express my frustration over this...

BTW, in conclusion, I did purchase this for 228.00 got the receipt, and My wife LOVES the Monitor more than Me... :attn:

Your thoughts?

That extra 29 dollars goes toward keeping the store staffed with people to tell you the website is not the part of their company ;) .

A lot of companies do have separate divisions under the main name. So Wal-mart brick and mortar works under a different budget than the online division and has more costs connected to keeping their physical location running.

Should have had them price match it then. Don't they price match "other companies" advertised prices? I'm pretty sure you handled it a little better than me. I don't think I would have let it go.

At the bottom of that page...

Please note: In our effort to be the lowest price provider in your particular geographic region, store pricing will sometimes differ from online prices. See our pricing policy for details.

I still would have fought for a price match.

Last edited:
I would have bitched until they called the cops... geeze, what dumbasses... bestbuy allows it, even compusa, the store I hate the most, lets you order online and pickup in store...

Last edited:
Should have had them price match it then. Don't they price match "other companies" advertised prices? I'm pretty sure you handled it a little better than me. I don't think I would have let it go.

At the bottom of that page...

I still would have fought for a price match.

They don't price match the online store. Last December I bought a Zen Vison M from the New Iberia store and then that night I saw that they were running a sale online for the same model around $50 cheaper. I went to the store the next day and asked if they price matched their online store and the manager told me no. So the next day I took the Zen back I had bought at their store and told them I didn't like it and made them give me my money back, then went online as soon as I got home and ordered the exact same model for $50 cheaper. If they want to play games, I can play them too. ;)

Funny you had started a thread on this already.
Tonight I was hunting a GPS since I am going on a trip tomorrow and decided to go with the Garmin c330 GPS unit for the car. I looked around online and Walmart shows $228 and available in most stores.
I go out to Walmart and the price was $248 and change.
I ask the sales lady, she says our in store price is higher. I ask to speak to the manager who says the same thing and they do not honor the online prices.

I asked him so what your saying is, I need to drive BACK home, buy it, come back to the store and pick it up.
He said no if you buy it online, and do the free in store pickup you must wait 7-10 days until it arrives to pick it up.
I said well you got 5 on the shelf now, he said doesn't matter must wait for yours specifically to be shipped.
I said that is crazy, I told him I didn't blame him for all of it, but it was still easily the dumbest thing I ever saw and he got defensive. I proceeded to tell my girlfriend we were off to Bestbuy where I bought it for 249.99 a buck more but with satisfaction that Walmart didn't make a penny off it.

Walmart's a horrid company with terrible business practices. They will often undercut prices a week so people will buy a product extensively then the next week they post it as a "rollback" that is $3 more than the previous sale--they really stick it to consumers.

The only reason why they're so powerful is because they have a stranglehold on the South and no one here (the South) will push to get rid of Wal-Mart.

I like to blacklist them myself. :beer:

Last edited:
Walmart's a horrid company with terrible business practices. They will often undercut prices a week so people will buy a product extensively then the next week they post it as a "rollback" that is $3 more than the previous sale--they really stick it to consumers.

The only reason why they're so powerful is because they have a strangehold on the South and no one here (the South) will push to get rid of Wal-Mart.

I like to blacklist them myself. :beer:

Its funny you say that because my grandma used to shop at Wal-Mart religiously. She lived in Alambama. When I used to go visit my grandparents down south, there was nothing around but a Wal-Mart. They lived in a smaller area in huntsville where your neighbors lived half a mile away. This was also over 6 years ago so I'm not sure if they have any other choices.

Well down here we have HEB... they totally rape walmart in the grocery section... and with the new "plus" stores, they carry almost all the same things walmart does.

The WM in this rural area actually (and stupidly) puts price tags over the old tags that are HIGHER than the previous price, then sets up a SALE or ROLLBACK sign for the produt.

The WM in this rural area actually (and stupidly) puts price tags over the old tags that are HIGHER than the previous price, then sets up a SALE or ROLLBACK sign for the produt.

That's EXACTLY what I was referring to. These ******** pull this all the time.... makes me miss CA's selection of stores.

About the other post, being, Wal-Mart the only place to shop-- That's because when Wally World came out they pushed all the ma & pop stores out of business, and no one else in the South opposes Wal-Mart (they seem to graciously accept the price-gouging Wal-Mart gives, and the permanent minimum wages they refuse to raise) so Wal-Mart continues its monopoly unattended.

Reminds me of a case of Wal-Mart in (I think) Maryland, where they would lose money via the high price of living wage, and the state said they could either pay the price of living wage or get the Hell out... :thup::thup::thup:

Back