• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

want to play crysis, what video card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I would try to get an 8800 GT if you can afford it. If not look into getting a 7900 series card or a X1900 series card.

I would try to get an 8800 GT if you can afford it. If not look into getting a 7900 series card or a X1900 series card.

Even the 7600GT is good enough to "play it"
My 8600M GT In my laptop just ranks below the 7600GT in performance and I can play it 800x600 on Medium for 35fps, or 1024x768 on low for 45fps.

I have been following this thread as I'm shopping for a new video card and referring back to it as I search for a best bang for the buck type card. Well I can't believe this, comments? Serious??

I can run the game @ 1600x1200 with max settings on a 9800pro and 2.8C.

WTF?

I have been following this thread as I'm shopping for a new video card and referring back to it as I search for a best bang for the buck type card. Well I can't believe this, comments? Serious??

A 9800P would certainly be able to run the game, but it's a subjective matter whether you'd be satisfied with the stellar performance or not.

dan

HOLY CRAP

I just realized I had 2 windows side by side and I was posting about the wrong topic entirely...... I kept posting about performance in world of warcraft. OMFG.

Back