• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Was going to buy Oblivion...Nudity?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Jon said:
Political and/or religious affiliations, opinions, observances, histories, etc. need to be kept out of this thread. The OP had a simple question and didn't need the freaking history of the world thrown at him for an answer.

If the thread is reported again, it will be closed.

You can close it anyway at this point. The OP's question... as well as the OP's wife's question (regarding "male" nudity in games) has been answered ten times over.

Still, I'd have to say this has been one of the more entertaining threads I've seen in a long time. It's going to be difficult for me to adjust to living here again (baseball caps being a major factor there. Don't ask. I wrote a twelve page essay once to answer the question). But it's nice to know that there are still some down-to-earth people here.

(I was ready to leave the country all over again after I took a late night walk down Clark Street in Chicago...)

Slightly off topic but why oblivion? So over rated imo. Get neverwinter nights 2 instead.

Oc1Kenube said:
Slightly off topic but why oblivion? So over rated imo. Get neverwinter nights 2 instead.

Dude those are two TOTALLY different types of games. In all reallity you cant even compare them. Also add the factor of mods for the PC with oblivion and it can easily stand on its own two feet.

But if you strip the females of the there clothes or armor you will get them with a bra and panties. I know for sure the female eye candy mod strips the bra and panties 100% only when stripped of clothes or armor, normal NPC still alive and clothed will not be nude, only when dead and stripped. I was like WTF! there not nude, then when i stripped the armor i was like WOW! NUDE. Its an awesome mod but not if your wife is prude or you got little ones running around, i have to turn the mod off when my little cousins are mobbin around. Thats the beauty of mods you can turn them on and off when ever you please.

If there were nudes you could simply kill them in the game. Or as a vampire feed off them. A whole bunch of nasty ways to eliminate them just in case one slips in.:shrug::D

dfonda said:
If there were nudes you could simply kill them in the game. Or as a vampire feed off them. A whole bunch of nasty ways to eliminate them just in case one slips in.:shrug::D

hahahahahahaha thats a good one.

Oc1Kenube said:

I've got both. I prefer Oblivion because it's slightly faster-paced. I'd take Baldur's Gate 1 or 2 over either of them.

rainless said:
Oh yeah...

I just wanted you to know that we come from a long line of bigoted, narrow-minded, crazy persons (assuming you are a US citizen).

Last edited:
Skeen said:
I just wanted you to know that we come from a long line of bigoted, narrow-minded, crazy persons (assuming you are a US citizen).

/Edit- Btw, this should go under "The Best Thread" ever subset. Now, someone, please digress.

:)

Actually I already knew all that. I just held back that knowledge for dramatic effect.

rainless said:
:)

Actually I already knew all that. I just held back that knowledge for dramatic effect.

Dum-dum-dum-da-DUM! Well done, sir! I wish that could have been my senior quote from high school.

Last edited:
rainless said:
I'm not mad at you either. I'm just from the Mid-West :D

I was legitimately curious as to why you or your wife would care if a computer game had nudity or not (and the male models are topless without a mod). Now maybe I didn't phrase things as if I was from California (or wherever the hell my pal Frodo is from :beer: )... but there was certainly nothing personal behind it.

OP here...Hey rainless...I'm from the Midwest too!:cool:

...seems I have started a major discussion here...And yes it is pretty entertaining...

Honestly, to me it's pure misandry. Even if it's an unconcious form of it.

Men are visually stimulated, that's why men play video games more than women.

Men play more games than women, ergo games are made for men (and often, by men).

Women seek to control mens sexuality by making them feel guilty over perfectly natural needs and desires. They fear that by watching nudity, appreciating beauty that is not theirs, they are losing some modicum of control over your sexuality.

When women are sexual it's called 'empowerment'. When men are sexual, they are 'being pigs'.

It's just basic sexism.

(Not a comment your wife, chum. Never met her.)
Interesting thread! Didn't see this discussion coming.

Chum said:
OP here...Hey rainless...I'm from the Midwest too!:cool:

...seems I have started a major discussion here...And yes it is pretty entertaining...

Oh we've been around THE BEND pal... (I mean "chum" :) )

We've covered everything from sex and machine guns to Baldur's Gate and West Coast vs. Midwest mentality. As quoted in a Thompson books:

"HOW WEIRD CAN YOU STAND IT, BROTHER?!?"

E4300 said:
I checked out this review here http://www.ciao.co.uk/The_Elder_Scrolls_IV_Oblivion_PC__Review_5605022 and it says:

"The age rating for the game is now M - Mature (it was originally T - Teen), as there is quite graphic gore and there is a patch in which you can completely remove peoples clothes, leading to potential nudity of female figures (not that i know much about that...i really don't). I think the rating is probably fair, if a little over the top, but it's not way out anyway.

The only draw back I can think of for this game, is the fact that the PC spec requirements are so demanding...... Another drawback is that it is so incredibly compelling. You will undoubtedly get addicted and forget about all forms of real life needs, leaving you feeling starving at about 4 in the morning when you realise it is all you've done all day!"

Hence it's a patch, so the nudity will not be coming in the vanilla game.
I cannot vouch for sure, since I don't have Oblivion but am planning to buy it. However I don't think my husband would be much perturbed if he sees nude female game figures on my monitor, and neither if he sees male nudes as I saw someone pointed it out....

I'd guess you might more be getting into conflict with your wife as regards the second part of the second paragraph though. My husband already teases me saying that I should have married a computer :D - now we'll see what'd happen once I get Oblivion.... eek.

Btw, just my $0.02 here but who are we all to judge whether the OP is justified in feeling uncomfortable in the case there is nudity in the game? It's his personal life not ours, he just asked us whether there was nudity or not, not whether we approve of the intricacies in his marital relationship... He's happy (hopefully), so good for him, no? ;)

[Edit: Ummm, Torin3... be sure to link the patch... :D ]

A woman after my own heart...I think I'm in love... if things don't work out with your husband give me a call...LOL

E4300 said:
Edit: Ummm, Torin3... be sure to link the patch... :D

QFTMFT!!!!! :bday: :clap:

hUMANbEATbOX said:
who hasn't been embarrassed by their mother while showing family albums including the shots of you at age 1 in the tub in your birthday suit? you can count me in, on multiple occasions. :cry: nudity is no big whoop IMO.

but i have much respect for the OP. he puts his wife's values above all others, and her values are reflected in his own. really he should be applauded. :)

LMAO yeah I agree...and I actually loved it when my mom whipped that book out to show the girls...b/c...oh well nvm I won't get into that here...lol:bday:

torin3 said:
I really don't feel comfortable doing so here, as there are users below the age of 18. I found it doing a google search for mods, so it should be findable if you are looking for it.

The main reason I was commenting was because of the comment asking if the nudity was ok, where was the male nudity. In this case, right with the female nudity.

The mod does have some artistic skill to it, but it is almost no variation. The bodies are pretty much the same.

if you have a free moment feel free to PM me the link to where you got it...thanks.

eh why would it even be a big deal?

some people have boobs, some have a ****, hopefully not both at the same time... its life.. move on people, who the hell cares.

Back