• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wat would u change with ma rig?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
how long do u think i'll be able 2 use this computer if i overclock?
plz i'm on a budget rite now

i havent seen any evidence that overclocking will hurt the life of your components. if it does hurt them, you wont notice since by the time something breaks, there'll be something 10x better on the market (many years in the future)

your watercooling setup is top notch, so heat wont be an issue. the 1 thing i personally dont know much about is A64 motherboards, so someone else could give you the nod for that.

where do you plan on mounting the swiftech radiator in the case?

haha, good catch sent, i didnt even notice that

change the samsung DVD burner to a NEC 350 or 3520 - get some nice ahcked firmware and you are on the way - if not NEC then a BenQ newer models.

Some people say over clockin cna kill your chips life span by 1/2 but computer parts are made to last around 10 years - do you plan to have this system in 5 years still? no likely

Also for a little more i think you can grab the maxtor 250g serial ata 16mb drive?

dang... all 2gether with the things u guys suggested, the computer comes up 2 about 2000 is a 2k ocmputer that i'm gonna use for 5 years worth it?
well i guess its actually a 1500 comptuer cuz i'm ognna reuse the liquid cooling and monitor
but is it worth it?

lolz by the way zip22
i have no clue about liquid cooling ma friend said that that was good so i added it 2 ma list some one wanna tell me about wat zip22 is talking about?

o and finally
will i have 2 mod ma case 2 use the liquid cooling?

the kit you got comes with a 120mm radiator which you will need to mount somewhere

120mm slim form factor radiator fits into most chassis equipped with at least one 120mm opening for fan intake or exhaust, and can optionally be installed externally to the back of any chassis featuring at least one 60, 80 or 92mm exhaust fan, by using our patent pending MCB120 "Radbox"

i would look for a case with a 120mm fan mounting spot. the swiftech radbox will allow you to mount it to any case, but it will hang off the back.

you dont have to get a bigger hard drive.

haha sorry guys. i have one final question than i'm going to buy my computer.
will a 2000 dollar computer worth it if i'm going to use it for 3-5 years?

we cant answer that for you. you're the only one who will know whether it will be worth it.

Back