• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Cooled Hercules 8500

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks, maskedgeek, I'm soooo bussy, with designing some new cpu waterblock,but I have made progress, made that middle piece with with o-ring to connect two blocks, and soldered hose connections on one block, no pics. taken. I'll probably finished this week

This one? priceless :D
I'm almost finished, just one small pis. , I just need to make connection block with o-ring groves and I'm finished. I'll post lots of pics. tomorrow.
almost%20fin.jpg

sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

is that tinted acrylic????? how did you fix that one problem with the dimms? i see that its shorter but how does the water get from top to bottom???

Yep, that's dark blue pleksy, I tried to mach my Herculse :D
The problem with dimms remain, but I just put my ddr in 3rd slot and everything is OK, btw. the problem is fixed on my possible cnc machined block, look at the renderings it wouldn't block any dimm, also if you look again at those pics. you can see how the blocks are connected between, same thing with this block only that those connections are at the side of the card blocking my dimms :)

ooh btw, how heavy duty is that drill press, im really looking into making a mill like yours, kinda more like Gone Fishin's but not with that big of a drillpress....

thnx

Not that heavy duty, but it's ok for most work it has 500W motor. Now I'm realy looking into some desktop mill , and then I'll convert it to cnc mill.

Hey Masked geek ...
I saw in a Enco Catalog where they had a rig like Morphlings for about 890.00 ...

Im savin' up with a quickness ....:D

My friend have Emco desktop lathe and it's great, realy nicely build machine. And damn is that stuff cheap in US, now I don't know which model you looked, but that on costed ~1500$
PSU, hmm not for me, I could do it, but I don't care about a little noise, cooling performanse is all that matters for me. So wb only where it's needed.
Some more pics. I'm finished, but I won't installed it yet, I need to make northbridge block too, (base of the wb on the left of the 3rd pic.) so I don't have to go through all procedure of waterblock mounting twice.
Picture%20002.jpg

Picture%20003.jpg

Picture%20004.jpg

you should stick it on the card for viewing purposes:p so we can see it and see how perdy it is... did you get the acrylic cnced? or did you miill it on your thing?

Yes, only hand wheels, I draw on pleksy and copper with needle, then just aproach that line very closely with milling bit :)

Back