• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water cooling a small cpu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PickleRick

I want to water cool an apple 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5 (I5-5257U), and the 4 mounting holes are about 1.5 inches apart. How can I go about finding a water block that could meet those specifications?

Last edited:
Sorry, I was just trying to go by size and see if that worked. I have added my cpu to the original post.

mobile cpus dont get any support for out of the box watercooling or even DIY water setups. sounds like if you got friends or the tools cnc a copper waterblock and find some way to mount the block.

Can check availability of chipset or small gpu blocks. There used to be blocks with universal mounting kits. I don't know what about now as most mobo blocks are mono-blocks for CPU and everything else near. Most users don't need cooling for chipset so also watercooling companies don't do these blocks anymore.

Wow those koolance are super close to the size, thanks I'll look into console one's thanks. I don't really have access to a CNC :(.

it looks like you could but theres really only one way to find out! ;) seriously tho, i think if its just a few mms they should be fine. what i would be careful of is tightening the blocks down. if the acrylic is going to crack it will be when you get the bolts tightened down. if you do end up giving them a try let us know how it goes! im curious as to how well they will cool your cpu. GL

Back