• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Cooling in New Build?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
VballCoach said:
I always say get more than you think...and don't get that vinyl stuff at HD...kink-city!!

I just went to 7/16"IDx3/32"OD Masterkleer from mcmaster.com. Won't go back to 1/2" ever again.

I bought 20ft and I have 6ft left. I kept messing around with my loop.:beer:
I suggest buy more than you think...sucks to cut wrong and run out of tubing.

you went through 14 ft of hose :eek: ... WTF are doing plumbing your bathroom...

but yes it bad to run out of tubing then have to wait to get more

Ruff_ilb said:
Hmm.

What about going with 2x http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=49&products_id=876

That should provide 137.8 CFM through the radiator, at a fairly low noise level.

I don't think the cords would reach to any sort of fan controler...

you'll have to extend those wires...easy to do.

have you checked the stickies on fans and that rad? lots of good info there. also, might want to search that rad here as lots of members have tried several diff fans on that rad.

remember as performance goes up, silence diminishes. you'll have to find that happy medium for yourself...silence is always subjective.

I'm using Yate Loons on my rad and I'm sure some members will bash it but I like the near silent running of them and I OC only mildly. I'm more for the great temps and silence than OC ability. I'll try and get more out of my system when I get better ram but not at the cost of having more noise.

I've gone though the stickies, but I didn't see anything about that specific radiator other than a few recommendations. Ditto with the fan.

I'm going to be overclocking, like you, only mildly. I've had major issues with overheating in the past on air, and I totally dig the silence, so I'm aiming for about the same approach that you are.

ya looks good the only thing you are going to need is heatsinks to cool your gpu memory (and i m glad you stepped up your fans cause if you overclock everything you probably going to need it)

and remeber you don't have to buy the gpu blocks if you want to cut back... but if you have sli you probably spent 300 on just one card so...

Yea, remember this is for an upcoming system. I haven't bought anything yet.

if you currently have a system that you know what the fans are go and look them up and see what db they are rated for and then think of if you want it to be quiter or if you wouldn't mind it being louder

That's a good idea, but then I somehow have to isolate the sound of a single fan...

Ruff_ilb said:
That's a good idea, but then I somehow have to isolate the sound of a single fan...

i don't know what your setup is like so i can't help you there

though you might be able to find out which fan is the loudest, and even if you can't single out a fan, do you find the current setup acceptable or do you want it quiter

I've looked up some specs of my current system, and those few fans I have set up for that rig shouldn't be too loud at all, especially with a controler.

At this point, can anyone recommend a good fan controler?

Ruff_ilb said:
I've looked up some specs of my current system, and those few fans I have set up for that rig shouldn't be too loud at all, especially with a controler.

At this point, can anyone recommend a good fan controler?

Sunbeam Rheobus is a classic. If you're using high-power fans, you'll want a high-wattage controller. That i can't help you with.

That controler should be just fine. I'm only running 2x 120mm fans with 4.08 Watts per fan, and that controler takes up to 20 watts total.

Actually, maybe not. There are four fans included in that case as well, which I forgot.

Edit:
Why use the 7/16" tubing?

Will it fit on all of the 1/2" tubing areas, and just be a little snugger?

Last edited:
Bump

Bump.

This thread was pretty much dead, for obvious reasons. Just like to update it, and add that the budget isn't so low any more.

Ruff_ilb said:
Actually, maybe not. There are four fans included in that case as well, which I forgot.

Edit:
Why use the 7/16" tubing?

Will it fit on all of the 1/2" tubing areas, and just be a little snugger?

Cathar did some research a while back saying that there is no or very minimal performance decrease using 7/16" over 1/2". 7/16" is easier to work with, the wall isnt as thick, so turning the tubing is easier.

Back