• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

watercooling done!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
First of all, nice job!

Just some constructive criticism......... don't take anything negative because it's all constructive. I have a similar setup in a Stacker with a dual RAD up front like you, but I don't have a bay res like you. I've got a clear acrylic cylinder where your PSU #2 is.

1) Why have the rad barbs on the bottom??? If you orient your rad the other way around (with the barbs on top) you could eliminate excess tubing.

2) A shroud would benefit you greatly by seriously diminishing the "dead" space created when a fan is connected straight to the rad. You can probably find one pre-made for your rad, or you can do like I did and make one out of cardboard (out of a Dell box no less!!!), spray paint it blue (rad is blue), and blammo - 1 inch of standoff between the rad and the fans and no dead space!

But, NICE choice on the Stacker. I love mine. And I definitely needed the wheels too (like you!) :p

Looks like a clean setup. Scroatdog does have some good points. i can't fit that large of a case inside of my desk. I came across another case from a thread here i was writing in earlier and found a case that I think I am going to try to scrape up the cash to get. It is a Global Win YCC61F1B. I really like the look and love the fact that it has the depth of a full tower with the height of a mid tower. Keep up the good work.

http://www.computernerd.com/catalog...id=32&osCsid=338379a88805a1923a2f8e0d38888ec8

thanks for the comments so far.
scroatdog i think i will use some of those suggestions when i get bored i probably will remove that bottom powersupply in the future and move the res down. but changing the rad placement probably wont be able to do since i just had enough tubing to get it done, had about an inch left. i also like how the tubes shape a triangle in the middle. and constructive criticism is always welcome with me :)

btw: dont mind the graphics card zip tie mod(temporary) till i get my new card.
the fans on the rad are 2 delta low speed triple blade and on the back are the 2 120mm's that came with my stacker.

Last edited:
yes 1 to run the computer and the other to run my lights and fans

yea i know its not the hardest working power supply. :p

Very nice job! That case would look sweet with those delta triple blade fans exposed in the front.

It looks great. :)

Don't think anybody has mentioned this yet but i'd get some clamps on the tubes you don't already have clamps on. Other than that nice setup.
Sidenote: I don't have any problems w/ my 1250 vibrating....

Aphex_Tom_9 said:
heh, the other one must have very little load on it...

Yeah, but you've essentially future-proofed yourself for more power requirements down the road. Should you take the dual-GPU road (SLI or ATI's Crossfire) ,you'll have plenty of power.

distilled water + UV dye + antifreeze (about 13% antifreeze)

You didn't have to mod the case in any way to fit that rad did you? Does it fit snuggly into the case or are there some gaps?

no modding was necessary theres gaps on the side about 5mm gap on each side.

hmm is 40C a little high for my setup?

looks pretty good, that case was designed for water cooling im sure of it lol

oh, one thing too, avro i have the 2600XP-M, and im trying to compile a few parts to cool my CPU, i dont have and wont have that much of an overclock that you have but what temps are you getting?

ill be using the small danger den pump cant remember the exact name right now, a single 120mm heatercore/radiator, danger den MAZE4 CPU block and t-line.

Nice Job!

Seeing everyone with their watercooling inspires me to go to watercooling...although...My XP-120 for my new 3700+ A64 rig will be here soon...along with the rig. I'll be working on an chilled-air cooling setup.

honhon said:
looks pretty good, that case was designed for water cooling im sure of it lol

oh, one thing too, avro i have the 2600XP-M, and im trying to compile a few parts to cool my CPU, i dont have and wont have that much of an overclock that you have but what temps are you getting?

ill be using the small danger den pump cant remember the exact name right now, a single 120mm heatercore/radiator, danger den MAZE4 CPU block and t-line.

the temps im getting right now are 39 and under load about 43, im thinking my temps are bit high anybody else think they are?

oh yea forgot to mention the only modding done to the case was cutting a hole in the metal mesh at the bottom for the pumps cord.

Very nice, I have the same case but I cut out a window on the side and notched the bottom 6 bays to fit my heater core. I also have almost the same exact parts in my loop as you. My temps are 32ºc idle and 39ºc-41ºc under load at 1.88v, your temps seem to be pretty close to mine. Ambient in my case is about 30ºc.

Back