• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooling order? (pump, rad, cpu, etc)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

richklein

Hi,
All my stuff is on order & should be here this week. I was wondering what the best order for maximum cooling would be:

Pump to (push-fan)rad(pull-fan) to CPU block to pump

or

pump to cpu to rad to pump?

Any ideas?

BTW, the parts i am using are:

ehiem 1048
tygon 1/2 tubing
swifty UH block
Dtek rad/shroud combo

Thanks,
Rich

The best way is to try it both ways and use the best result. I've
got mine running pump, cpu, rad, pump. Had it pump, rad, cpu,
pump and there wasn't any difference in the temps mid 30's idle
high 30's load.

So when leak testing, you should set it all up & see how it goes for a few days right?

When you are ready to put the components into the case (mobo,cpu,etc) make sure to keep the WC setup intact right (dont drain system to install stuff?)

richklein said:
So when leak testing, you should set it all up & see how it goes for a few days right?

When you are ready to put the components into the case (mobo,cpu,etc) make sure to keep the WC setup intact right (dont drain system to install stuff?)

Yes, you should run the water through for at least 24hrs to check for leaks. You will most likely have to disconnect some hoses to get it all in there but just disconnect the minimum amount and put more water in at the fill tube (did you include one of these in your loop plan?).

Back