• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wavemaster Case Mod concept

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

n3xu5

Wavemaster Case Mod concept, Tell me what you think...

This is what i plan on doing to my Coolermaster Wavemaster TAC-T01 case. I needed to fit two D-Tek ProCore rads in there with both rads having dual fans/shrouds, and i asked around for some suggestions. Thorilan gave me a good idea at first and this is what was the result of his idea and my crazy conceptions :)

This is the Coolermaster Wavemaster stock and how it looks brand spanking new.

rev-wavemaster-frontpageSM.jpg

This is my basic concept model of the same case, cool looking huh? :)

closed.jpg

This is the case with the compartment add-on i will be building for the bottom part of the wavemaster. Keep in mind i didnt include legs or feet for the case in this drawing cause i wanted to the idea and concept across first.

closed_compartment.jpg

First things first, this picture is all about the bottom of the wavemaster and how i plan to cut it. Thats all that i will be cutting too unless i put a blowhole up top for a 120mm fan. Starting from the back of the case, the slot right there in the very back is for a Eheim 1250 pump, the next two slots are for the ProCores which sould fit nicely.

open_case.jpg

continued in next post....

Last edited:
This picture is here to show how it will look without any siding etc on it. Notice the wall that seperates the very back slot and the front two slots (more on that next).

all_open.jpg

Ok here's the maste rpiece :p I love this idea. This is the comparment tray that will go underneath the entire case. I have two views here to show anything that may be hidden to anyone. About that wall that seperates the last slot form the first two slots. I think that wall will keep airflow optimal and concentrated on the two front slots where the ProCores will occupy. Notice the very front of the tray, see that little opening there? i will place 3 60mm fans there for a total of about 80cfm. And a fan filter that will be able to be replaced with much ease. I plan on making the tray compartment out of aluminum for the sheer reason that the rest of the case is made from aluminum as well and it looks nice :D

compartment.jpg

This is my basic setup for my new case and i'll prolly get to work on this in about a month or so. I'm posting this because a few people asked me about this case and the general idea i had in mind, but most of all i have to thank Thorilan cause if he never suggested his idea, i wouldnt have thought of this so quickly.

BTW: if anyone wants to know how i made the models, i used 3DSMAX 5.1

Last edited:
Uggh one sec i'll have to put these pics somewhere else.

EDIT: alrighty i fixed those links :D

Last edited:
OMG U Got skillz! those models look awesome

back to the mod, looks like its going to come out preety good if given the right dedication in it,
i saw the compartment youre building on the bottom has this \ shape in the back part, wouldnt that cause some equilibrium issues on your case? (fall backwards *hint hint*)

Have you thought about the idea that the core closest to the intake may starve the second cores airflow? Also, with that small of an opening in the front, you may have some strange wistling or rushing air noises. May I suggest a few intake vents along the side of the bottom case. Maybe incorperate a design or just make them look clean wavy and industrial to match the look of the case.

Just some suggestions.

Also, what 3d renderer? If you coul make DXF files, theres always that possiblity to get the thing pro machined. But wheres the fun in that?

Kino said:
OMG U Got skillz! those models look awesome

back to the mod, looks like its going to come out preety good if given the right dedication in it,
i saw the compartment youre building on the bottom has this \ shape in the back part, wouldnt that cause some equilibrium issues on your case? (fall backwards *hint hint*)

Actually thats there for the hell of it, thought it might look nice with a slant but i will extend the legs about 1/4 of an inch below the tray. So no, it wont lean or anything ;)

Fushyuguru said:
Have you thought about the idea that the core closest to the intake may starve the second cores airflow? Also, with that small of an opening in the front, you may have some strange wistling or rushing air noises. May I suggest a few intake vents along the side of the bottom case. Maybe incorperate a design or just make them look clean wavy and industrial to match the look of the case.

Just some suggestions.

Also, what 3d renderer? If you coul make DXF files, theres always that possiblity to get the thing pro machined. But wheres the fun in that?

Starve the second cores airflow, i have thought of that but i doubt it will do that because air will get passed the first core definatly cause there will be 3 60mm fans and the two fans other than the middle one will pull air in and to the sides most likely, it will even out and if it doesnt well i can always put some sort of a divider in the middle to make it even out. But i doubt that will happen.

I seriously doubt it will whistle, that small area in the front will be about 2 1/2 inches tall or so and its too short to make that sound anyhow, but i wont know until its built hehe.

I dont do intakes on the sides because on my pc desk, my tower sits at the bottom right side underneath the keyboard etc, and there is a wall to the right and to the left is my printer/fax/scanner 3-in-1 unit.

I used 3DSMAX 5.1 to make the models, but when it came time to render them out, i used a plugin for 3DSM called Brazil. Best MAX render available.

Back