• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

web hosting advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blueswitch

Hi all, so it's been awhile since I've run a website but I'm going to be at it again because I'm getting married and want to spin up a site! I need a good place to register and host my site so I'm looking for advice.

The last site I did was a domain only redirect to a Tumblr so it was more theme editing but it worked great and I would consider something like that as well if anyone has any good ideas but I think a traditional site is what I need this time.

Last time I did a site was years ago and I used Godaddy and they seemed pretty good but I'm open to new hosting. I think good web based tools would be nice to have as long as they don't just create my site for me like a cookie cutter.

First off, congrats on getting engaged! :)

I've tried a few different hosts/domain registrars (godaddy, bluehost?, another free one?, ...another I can't remember..). After all those and about 3 years, I've consolidated everything with iPage. Their support has been the best so far, prices are competitive, and the "control panel" is intuitive and feature-rich.

Back