• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Website Development Software

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kristian221

I am trying to get a website up and running that will hold information, guides, updates, screenshots, and other information about the games I make. Sort of an E-portfolio but with other various goodies for those who enjoy the games. I know the obvious solution is to just grab a book on web programming but between school and several projects I am working on I just don't have time at the moment. Does anyone know of any good free web development tools? I already am using ipage as my web hosting and mediafire as my file hosting (both paid services) so I don't have any more cash to throw around in my budget. I liked the drag and drop interface of the website designer in ipage but it only allows for 6 pages, and to get more it would start getting expensive. Much thanks for anyone who read all this!

EDIT: The kind of interface I am looking to make: Skistad Studios

Last edited:
I'd use Wordpress. iPage has a one-click wordpress install and there are thousands of wordpress themes to choose from, which you can customize to your heart's content. We use it here on our frontpage and I use it on any site I administer.

I will warn you though, iPage's database performance is abysmal. If they weren't so cheap (or if I were using it for something other than a small personal site), I'd drop them like a bad habit. I use iPage for my site and 1&1 for an organizational site I administer. 1&1 kicks the crap out of iPage. It's more expensive and not worth it for my personal use, but if you plan on using it professionally, 1&1 is by far a better host.

I'd use Wordpress. iPage has a one-click wordpress install and there are thousands of wordpress themes to choose from, which you can customize to your heart's content. We use it here on our frontpage and I use it on any site I administer. I will warn you though, iPage's database performance is abysmal. If they weren't so cheap (or if I were using it for something other than a small personal site), I'd drop them like a bad habit.
Yeah I went with them for the price tag of $12 a year. I was trying to use Wordpress but it really seems like it is more for blogging, I can't seem to be able to build the website the way I want. I really wish that weebly drag and drop site builder was cheaper or would just allow more pages because it was perfect for what I wanted.

EDIT: This is what I managed to make with the Weebly editor: Skistad Studios
It is pretty much exactly what I am looking for. A left hand navigation menu, a list containing all my projects with a brief description and link to the proper page, a full page for every project containing several sections.

Last edited:
Back