• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WEIRD PROBLEM BIOS ON HERO X

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

scoObi_OC

Registered
ok hard to explain but ill try here goes..

Just got a new evga 1080 ti fw3, works fine but when i enter bios (on motherboard :) and change a setting where the computer shuts down cold and turns on EG. voltage change and so on.

The computer dont turn on and i have to unplug power cord to continiue...
Work fine when gfx is not in the computer..

does this make sense ..

Regards Carsten

Have you made sure that it's set to PCI for graphics and not IGP
Updated BIOS?

Yup i have set bios to PEG and im running bios 1003..

- - - Updated - - -

Graphic card bios updates it self via EVGA Precision XOC, so it should be up to date

- - - Updated - - -

Asus hero X z370 with 8700k, stock
Evga 1080ti FTW3
Corsair vengence 3200mhz 16gb ram
750w seasonic prime platinium - PSU
PCIESSD EVO 256gb M.2
evga CLC 280 cooler

Nothing more.

Runnign the latest bios 1003 - Motherboard
GFX bios update it selvf via EVGA Precision XOC

So you say any change causes it not to boot. Try going into BIOS hit F5 for defaults, reboot, go to BIOS and set the multiplier to 43 then reboot. See if it boots. What memory are you using and are you setting the XMP for it?

its not alle bios settings there does it, only when i change a setting where motherboard shutsdown cold and starts, then led blinks and no more.. when i change a small setting that dosnt requiere cold reboot theres nothing wrong.. XMP og no xmp, default settings it still does it.

when i take gfx out evrything works in bios ..

sorry for my bad english

OK, I was just trying to take a systematic approach to possibly solving what ever is wrong. You said setting XMP is OK? Usually that shuts the PC down for ram training
You can try going to the boot menu and setting CSM to enabled.

Voltage changes shouldn't require the PC to shutdown either. Is it possible the changes you're making just make the PC unstable?
I assume you are trying to overclock and that's why you are changing the voltage?
So do me a favour go to BIOS have XMP enabled reboot, go to BIOS and set multiplier to 45 on the core and reboot.
Will it boot?

ok first load default settings, save reboot OK, now enable XMP save and exit, pc shuts down and can not turn on , have to take power cord out of pc plug in and now it can boot. in windows i push power button pc shuts down and i can not turn on before powercord has been pluged out and in again..

u mentioned cms if i disable this (ofcuz i cant boot, but i can set settings that i couldnt before) humm just a test

Last edited:
SO before you got the 1080Ti what were you using and I assume you were able to overclock and set the XMP for the ram without a problem?
How old is the seasonic power supply?

i was using gtx 1070 evga blower style, my psu is brand new. a few months old..

and yes no trouble overclocking ram and cpu, if i unplud the gfx card take it out i can overclock evrything works ok then..

Last edited:
ok new discovery, when pushing power button pc shuts of ... if i push power to turn on right after it wont turn on led flashes and nothing more and set it self in state where power cord has to be removed...

if i wait 10 secs before i push power button after shutdown it starts without any trouble..

Last edited:
So what happens if you make changes like set the XMP then restart, if it shuts down let it sit and restart or will it not boot.

it shuts down in a state where powerbutton dont work so restart isnt possible, so powercord have to removed :(.. i can hear psu shutsdown. click (normal) and then clicks again start stop.

it shuts down in a state where powerbutton dont work so restart isnt possible, so powercord have to removed :(.. i can hear psu shutsdown. click (normal) and then clicks again start stop.
I know Seasonic had a problem a few years back where, when the Pc was shut down the Psu would not start back up again unless it was powered down ie. removing the plug and reset. Not sure if that is your issue but it may be something to consider.

so i gave it a try again downgrading BIOS, reset bios button back of motherboard then flashed it fram SSD and now everything works...

note: i have try'd this first before trouvleshooting! i always do that!! but this time it worked with an older bios and would like to say thanks for all the help from you all just glad this worked...

Regardz Carsten.. happy again

ROG-MAXIMUS-X-HERO-ASUS-0802 - worked .. new 1003 bios dont work

Last edited:
Back