• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

weird problem - help me out!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Herr Rogers

Lately my computer has been acting screwy as hell. I have always gotten choppy performance in WoW, which I didn't figure would happen with my setup (in sig). About a week ago my computer would lock up while i played WoW about 3 times a week, and just yesterday it happened back-to-back-to back. I figured I'd turn my OC down a bit and let my comp rest overnight and try in the morning. Well when I turned my comp on it said it couldn't even fidn a signal...so I hit some buttonso n my monitor and it showed up. I played WoW for about 10 minutes and again my comp froze. I restarted and this time it wouldn't even start up. No signal could be found, and no tinkering with my monitor could fix it. My computer would start up, and i'd even hear windows load up through my headset, but no picture on the screen. I have my video card pakced up and ready for an RMA, am I right with thinking it's the vid card?

lots of people seem to have problems with WoW + 8800's. I don't know if an RMA would fix anything though.

Back