• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

weird screensaver prob

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

intox

when i leave my screensaver on for about 15min, the screensaver suddenly turns off and it goes back to the desktop. also, when i move the mouse to turn off the screensaver, it takes horribly long to get back to desktop. any ideas what it could be? ive done numerous virus and trojan scans but nothing came up. im using winxp home.
Thanks

Is this the screensaver that came with xp or third party? I've had some from max pc screw up my sys before. If this is a problem that just happened, you can usually restore point back before the files corrupted.

this is just the 3dtext screensaver that came with windows. i dunno when it started happening tho. any help?

I had a similiar problem, and tracked it down to be the video card drivers. Try removing all drivers for your video card, and then reinstall them. That fixed my problem. What happens is the monitor is trying to shut off, but the video drivers are causing a conflict, thus returning you to the desktop. At least that is what was happening in my case.

Back