• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

We'll be there soon

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Adak

We are VERY grateful for all the help by the Rosetta team, during the last (winning!) Chimp Challenge race.

Be patient please - we will be arriving shortly after June 1st, and we're bringing a LOT of crunching power with us. In the seven days we'll be here, your RAC will soar like never before.

You might have thought Rosie was strong during Bat Outta Hell Week, or during Rising Tide, and she was - but we are much stronger now.

So be patient. We have a few other visiting teams we want to pay back for their help. Then we'll see just how high your RAC can rise.

I started an i7 920 up today, under my rosettta id, surprise, ChasR. I presume running on 8 cores gives the same 30% boost in production over 4 cores that it does in FAH?

OOPs, started seti on it too, thinking of uing the gpu, but I didn't realize it has to be a nVidia gpu. I'll fix that on monday.

I'm putting 32 cores onto Rosetta, with the other 48 cores, going to SETI. Next week, that 32 to 48 ratio will flip, and become 48 to 32 in favor of Rosetta, and eventually become all 72 cores for Rosie.

The Rosetta team was a huge part of our success in the Chimp Challenge.

Last edited:
Back