• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What Automated Features should I disable on MSI 790FX-GD70 For OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DrGuns4Hands

Title says it all I know the Obvious one AMD Cool & Quiet, but what else might be adjusting things that I don't know about, trying to finish tweaking my Stability. I can get 3.8 alright 3.9 is proving a little unstable and as for 4.0 well I don't think my specific Phenom ii x4 955 is going to handle it core 3 keeps erroring on prime95 no matter what I do at 4GHZ. So start me off with taking the controls back and get me on track plz.

I'd start by reading Dolk's definitive guide to OC'ing Phenom CPUs. CnQ should be the only thing that affects much of anything to do with clocks and voltage on your CPU. If you have auto-overclocking enabled, disable it and start manually working the clocks up after reading Dolk's guide. Feel free to come back with questions, or if you think a specific option is hindering you, ask about that too. :thup:

Back