• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What have these reviewers been smoking? No way an SKU900 outperforms an Alpha8045!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
There is no doubt the Alphas are first rate products. I have always considered them the equal of the other top sinks, the Swiftechs and the the Thermalrights. But there is one factor neglected here, that of the fan. The 80mm tornado makes significantly more static air pressure than the 92mm model, and static air pressure is the most important fan parameter for heatsink applications.

I'm not saying the SLK is any better than the Alpha, but I do think the edge demonstrated by the Alpha in your tests stems from the brutal effectiveness of the 80mm tornado for this application. Bigger is not always better. I think with it fitted to both sinks their performance differential would decline to an amount within the margin of error of your trials.

i agree with the good temps with the ALpha, my swifty is of almost the same design, and with a 75 cfm fan i get 39-42 idle, and 46-49 load. as for the all copper design, im surrently playiong with a zalman and ill post my differences on here as well

Back