• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is second best vs Corsair?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

10XTriplet

Disabled
I've always considered Corsair to be the leader in power supplies. I build many office workstations that only require 400 to 450 watt supplies. However, they've been a bit pricey for me lately. Is there a second best you guys would consider?

They have a couple top notch (HX/AX series), otherwise, slightly above average (TX series, and average (CX and GS series).

Why not a CX430/CX500. Those are cheap.. Like $45.

Last edited:
They have a couple top notch (HX/AX series), otherwise, slightly above average (TX series, and average (CX and GS series).

Why not a CX430/CX500. Those are cheap.. Like $45.

I was looking for slightly less expensive.. It it would seem from time to time, those CX430 jump up much higher. It is not today, $34.99 with a $10 rebate is a great price. I was looking for the $34.99 as an everyday great price from another "good" power supply company... But this will work for now...

Are you sure they actually require that high a wattage?

If you can get 'em cheap the Thermaltake Smart series is pretty good, or at least functional.

Back