• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What mb is best? Kr7a-r or kx7-333r?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mastametz

I am finally upgrading from my kt7a-r and am quite sick of all the maintenance it has demanded of me. I want a mobo that is fast yet stable and reliable and does not require a lot of tinkering. I have decided I want one of these two: Kr7a-r or Kx7-333r. Any feedback would be nice. Also if one has some definate advantages or features over the other please inform me of that too. Finally, can sum1 brief me on flashing the bios?

ummm.....i feel dumb

:rolleyes: I know nothing of mobo versions up to this point in time. I kinda new to that sorta thing if you-know-what-I-Mean

I too just upgraded from a KT7A - RAID & had a rev 1.0 meaning it wasnt garanteed to run with the XP/Palomino chips. There is a revision number on the board, a sticker, telling you that the board is a slightly newer release from the first batch.

Look at your KT7A near the ISA slot.... there should be sticker there telling you what revision you have.

is it possible to delete my other account?

? I have another registered account using my new alt email ( I use hotmail...)so i can't change my address on this account cause it says it already in use.

ummm nm the last question i'll just change the address on the new one... and then... ya my brain just turned on

I suggest to read up on all 3 choices you have & go from there. I can't choose for you & remember it's you paying for it not me;)

Good luck finding the 333r online. I never did. Sure I found some places that said they had it. Several of them were high priced and then they were apparently selling me unboxed OEM versions of the boards where I had to pay extra for the manual, driver disks, and cables.

I thought I had found the board at Aberdeen computers for a great price so I ordered it. After a few days they still hadn't shipped it out so I sent them email. Got a response back rather quickly from what appeared to be the VP of the company. He said that they were currently out of stock and were having a hard time getting more in since they were supposedly being discontinued. He stated that Abit was recommending the KD7-Raid as an alternative to the board. He even offered me a discounted price on the KD7-Raid but I declined since I was able to find that board elsewhere for cheaper then his discount.

KR7A-RAID BEATS ALL!

I Have A KR7A-RAID, And i must say that its has been the best mobo i have owned by far! So Go For THe KR7A-RAID if you can!

Back