• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What monitor size do you use? [Old]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

What monitor size do you use?

• LCD

Votes: 217 29.1%
  • CRT

Votes: 52 7.0%
  • 19" and smaller

Votes: 151 20.2%
  • 20" - 23"

Votes: 318 42.6%
  • 24" - 26"

Votes: 215 28.8%
  • 27" - 29"

Votes: 50 6.7%
  • 30" - 35"

Votes: 46 6.2%
  • 36" - 49"

Votes: 36 4.8%
  • > 50"

Votes: 18 2.4%
  • Rock and chisel

Votes: 12 1.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
22" Samsung LCD on the desk and 42" 1080p LCD on the AV rack. Sucks having to either disable multi-gpu mode or swap cables around to use the big screen. Why oh why can't SLI use multiple monitors :bang head

My setup isn't listed.. I play on 3 19" monitors at 3840x800 resolution..

Surround Gaming ROCKS!

2059547ad1b1bad8a7.jpg

Last edited:
Tri monitor setup has got to be cool. As close to surround-video as you can get without using 3D glasses or holograph.

Tri monitor setup has got to be cool. As close to surround-video as you can get without using 3D glasses or holograph.

Honestly, after playing with surround for about 3 months I don't think I can go back to a single monitor.

I have pretty much quit playing the few games that don't support surround correctly (UT3, and Tabula Rasa).

I have a pair of 20" Samsung 204Bs (1600x1200 ea). Currently debating on a 28" to slap in the middle.
I'm with you Amrathe, once you go 2 or more...its impossible to deal with a single monitor. That lasted about 2 months at work before I ended up with a Tri-LCD setup

My desk never has matching monitors. My main monitor is a 28 inch Viewsonic and the second is a 24 inch Samsung. My spare is a 23 inch hd Mac monitor.

Do you really see what's at your left and right in FPS games?
Show a picture would be really nice. Please make it clearly that you could see 3 directions instead of just wider front.

My setup isn't listed.. I play on 3 19" monitors at 3840x800 resolution..

Surround Gaming ROCKS!

2059547ad1b1bad8a7.jpg

ill try to get a recent pic up soon.

3 x 19 inch LCDS ( 2X veiwsonics and 1x Samsung)
1x 32 inch Sharp Aquos gaming HDTV LCD.
untitled.jpg

i have since mounted teh 32 inch and i should be getting a new 8800GT card tomorrow as well as my HD TV tuner card.

my master plan is to get rid of my small 21 inch TV in the room and use one of the 19 inch LCDs for TV.

i will run teh 32 inch and a 19 inch off the 8800GT card and the other 2 will run off my current 8800GTS (g80 core)

i only game on this rig. ill never watch TV on the 32 inch, its purely for gaming

ill try to get a recent pic up soon.

3 x 19 inch LCDS ( 2X veiwsonics and 1x Samsung)
1x 32 inch Sharp Aquos gaming HDTV LCD.
untitled.jpg

i have since mounted teh 32 inch and i should be getting a new 8800GT card tomorrow as well as my HD TV tuner card.

my master plan is to get rid of my small 21 inch TV in the room and use one of the 19 inch LCDs for TV.

i will run teh 32 inch and a 19 inch off the 8800GT card and the other 2 will run off my current 8800GTS (g80 core)

i only game on this rig. ill never watch TV on the 32 inch, its purely for gaming

How does crysis run on the aquos?

At native res the fps has to be tanked..

i dont play Crysis, so don treally know

native res is 1900x1080

i doubt my new vid card is showing up today, but i really doubt my 8800GTS 320 will handle crysis very well.

also a side note for anyone who might be interested in buying one of these HDTV gaming LCDs.
make sure you have them open the box up and test the LCD for dead pixels. i bought this at bestbuy when it went on sale for only $999. i had returned teh LCD 2 times till i found one that was acceptable. still has 2 dead pixels, but they are red, so they dont stand out as much. the other 2 LCDs tho had dead pixels every where. first one had 5 dead pixs, the next one had 4. this new one has 2. even at the store, thier display model had a bunch of dead pixels. im not trying to discourage anyone from buying, as it is a great LCD. @ $1k, i dont care what it is, it better be damn perfect or close enough

Last edited:
24", as of yesterday :D:D:D

I was to sweden with dad (Divorced when I was 5, rarely see him), yesterday, as I have won a video contest for a 40 000SEK/4200€/6200USD projector (haven't gotten it yet, due to high demand for that model). I was to the International Data Group offices for an interview, and pics for the magazine(s).

On the way back, we stopped at a large place with a bunch of stores, as dad wanted to buy some gardening tools for his wife. In that building, there was a PC City warehouse, one of the larger computer store chains in sweden. Dad wanted to take a break, so we went looking around in there. Well, all of a sudden, he said "You can choose any monitor you want". They didn't have many, and this Packard Bell was the only decent one, best stats, and the only one with DVI.

It doesn't have the best contrast ratio in the world, 1000:1, 2000:1 DCR, but it beats the **** out of my old 17" LCD, which was 500:1 and it's bigger than my TV.

1000:1, 5ms, 1920x1200 (My first HD monitor, yay), 400€.
Old one:
500:1, 14ms, 1280x1024, 150€, four years ago.

IMG_0186.jpg

Compared to my old monitor on 100% brightness. The new one is on 30% :D
IMG_0192-1.jpg

It's nice having a dad with guilt feelings for leaving, sometimes ;)

I got a 22" elcheapo Chimei and a 19" Hanns-G for my main rig. Craptop in pict not included... :beer:

E

Attachments

• CH1.jpg
    CH1.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 1,325
This is a little confusing, if 49% of you guys are using LCD’s and 13% are using CRT’s what the heck are the rest of you using?

i have two 17" Hanns-g wide screen LCD

Attachments

• CIMG2189.jpg
    CIMG2189.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 1,267
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back