• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What PC games are you playing ? other thoughts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rogbur22

Just a little bored and thought I would start a little discussion thread before I go raid the fridge and play some games myself.

I seem to be all over the place right now. I have many games in progress bouncing back and forth and sideways trying to get finished with something :D

As a gamer it's a good problem to have....
I have been playing WoW since 2004 when it was vanilla WoW as they say. Level cap 60. So my first title I have been playing is Mists of Pandaria which means game#1 is

1. World of Warcraft-Mists of Pandaria
2. The Darkness II
This is an awesome game I just stumbled on from 2K studios which cranks out some nice games, It has the cartoony graphics, a good story and some good add on's to a FPS, Check it out on a Steam sale if you get the chance. The Darkness (First game) was not available on PC and I never played it.
3. Max Payne 3- I got started on this game and have not gotten back to it with everything else going on. As soon as I finish at least one of these other games Max and I will get together.
4. Diablo II I love the game so far, with this game and even WoW I always have been a loner. I love doing my quests etc and leveling my toons. I just started Act 3 of D3 and having a riot :thup:
5. Skyrim-another game I just had to have , ran out and bought it and it's in my que to get started. LOL

On top of all this I really want and will probably get Borderlands 2 this payday. I had a good time with the original Borderlands and I cannot wait to watch all the physx fun.

I have another thing I would like your opinions on, I have always purchased my games from Gamestop or wherever but I always have been very adamant about getting a physical copy of the game. I always want to have the box and a DVD or whatever of the game. I have a huge collection of PC games starting in the mid 90's, Quake, Tomb Raider, Duke Nukem, etc. all the way to now and I keep them all in pristine condition. Lately however I have gotten kinda hooked on the whole STEAM thing. getting full version games via download on the great sales they have all the time. I feel my stance on having the physical copy of the game starting to shift over to just getting digital downloads. Not only is the price always cheaper if you wait for a sale. If you have to reinstal Windows as I just did when I changes out my setup, they have all your save games right there on the ol' STEAM cloud. I do not have to worry about backing up save game files and if the game is like Fallout New Vegas where I have a dozen mods it always borks up anyways LOL

Do you guys/girls have any preference about how you purchase your games ?? As i said i have always wanted hard copy's but i am starting to soften my stance. I still love the idea of looking up and seeing all my old games collection though. Hate for that to stop :-/

Current games I'm plyaing -

Borderlands 2
Skyrim (Just bought the Dawngaurd DLC)
Portal 2 (bought it during the Steam summer sale)

For the past few years I've been getting my games through Steam. Used to be one of those kids with the giant stack of CDs right next to the computer, but I figured having them all organized online and not having to lug another box to college was a better idea.

Currently I'm mostly playing

1.Day Z
2.War Z Beta
3.Battlefield 3

Pretty much all digital these days because for me I tend to scratch up CD's\DVD's so digital insures they never break.

Last edited:
I currently play:

1: WoW
2: C&C Tiberium Alliance
In the small amount of free time that I have.

I own BF3 but I dont have a Windows machine anymore (no origin)
and I also own Portal II but it is not installed.

1-star wars empire at war which I only learned of ~~2weeks ago
2-homefront - fun and looks good but I'm expecting it to be short
3-SC2 - hard level
4-COD5 - fun and looks good
5-farcry 2 - still looks pretty good and its fun sneaking around

BF3 and BC2 for online chaos, I should try BF3 SP, but I never figured out WHERE IT IS

And sort of taking a skyrim break-really should finish that, deus ex:hr, and even FalloutNV

Since I got my 2nd rocking rig, I kind from jump of game to game, oh well thats fine for now

1: League of Legends- Play this with a bunch of friends doing Go4Lols on weekends
2: Civ 5- takes forever to get anywhere but it's a good way of destroying your weekends
3: Borderlands 2- just a mess around when we want to shoot stuffs

Other than that I normally play Haxball with friends for shenanigans.

when i have time which it seems like i never do, i play some day-z, league of legends, bf3, cod, and diablo III

I don't have time to play all the games I own, so the main ones I play are:

COD: Black ops & MW3
BF3
Borderlands 2
Torchlight 2
Left 4 Dead 2
Max Payne 3
FEAR 3
Sleeping Dogs
Alan Wake
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

EDIT: Also just bought Saints Row the Third. It's on sale at direct2play. Activated in steam for me just fine: http://www.direct2play.com/98-saints-row-the-third-pc-game-steam-digital-download.html

Not in any particular order....

I have lots of games. If anybody is looking for somebody to play any coop games, I can probably do that :)

Add me on steam: DominatorDan (I'm the second on the list....the guy with the sunglasses (not the guy with the tattos))
Link to profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198047757592

Last edited:
dishonored
hitman: blood money (getting ready for absolution, it looks really good)
borderlands 2

Arma 2: Takistan life and DayZ
Payday: They Heist; snagged it for $5 couple days ago
Sleeping Dogs
Black Mesa
League of Legends

Sleeping Dogs
Black Mesa
League of Legends
Dishonored
Torchlight II
Max Payne 3
Borderlands 2
Skyrim

Way too many. And still more to come by December!

Back