• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What PIV to upgrade, help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

@crilicM@n

Hy people, I need some help with my fathers Desktop to upgrade the cpu before i can´t find more any PIV arround...
It´s a foxconn 661mx mobo. (I know it sucks...)
The dam doesn´t came with manual in the installation cd. aaaand, the manufacturer site manual download link is BROKEN!!!! Woooow I started well on the mission!!!! Very good for me who abandoned the desktops in favor the laptops... Well, let me pass you some more info I got on it and I´d like to know what´s the best thing we can put inside this papa machine:

Mobo: Foxconn 661 FX
Chipset: sis661
FSB "told" to be supported: 800/533/400
Socket 478 processors

It´s currently using a celeron 2.133 with 512mb of infineon DDram pc2700 (166mhz). I´d like to put a more powerfull PIV and 1gb ram for my father, just to make the pc less sluggish...

Is it possible a pIV with HT technology on it? It Says: it supports willamette/nortwood/prescott processors...

1)So does any one have a tip of what can be used in this manualless mobo?

2)In that case, what would be faster?

3)Is there any very very easy overclocking pIV for it, like 400 to 533 or 5333 to 800 FSB almost guaranteed with just thermall grease and maybe a better heatsink... in that case what multiplier is suggested... I think a big l2 cache is interesting...

Thanks for the help, hope someone does know this mobo better than me.. (as i told, i´ve mooved to laps and mobile devices some years ago...

2,8ghz

Is the Prescott 2,8GHz "A" edition, with 533mhz bus , overclockable easily to 800mhz? Does it com with 1mb cache or 2mb?

Link Broken

LutaWicasa said:
You might get some info/downloads on that mobo here.

Yes... I´ve tryed, but the damm link to the mobo manual is broken, it opens an troblue file. corrupted... :-(

Ok, i managed to contact someone at foxconn.... 800mhz is OC and may be unstable.....
And it's better a northwood than a prescott, at lower clocks

LutaWicasa said:
Works fine for me bro.
Specificly, which manual? If need be, I could d/l and mail it to ya ;)

They sent me a good link to download the file..But the manual doesn't cope much.... Doesn't specifies the cpu's and is vague, and too small....

Thanks LutaWicasa... :(

Back