• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what processor to get for p4 for good overclocking?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DaRky4YoU

i want to know what a good motherbaord is for a p4 2.8 ghz c or a p4 2.6 ghz c and that is very good overclockable

is the ASUS P4 S478 P4P800 DELUXE ATX Moederbord any good?

or is the ASUS P4 S478 P4C800/GD ATX Moederbord way better, i dont like the fact is costs much more tho :(

guys please tell me whats a board which is VERY GOOD for overclocking??

do i really need an expensive baord to overclock , or is for example the ASUS P4 S478 P4P800/GD ATX Moederbord good enough for high overclocking?

I would go for Asus or Abit, there is canterwood and springdale. Springdale a bit cheaper, but they give you about the same performance. Exept from PAT that only canterwoodmobos come with.

I would go for a Springdale chip, ( prefereable Abit IS7 or Asus P4P of any kind.
Both the 2.4 and 2.6 are good OC, but if you only chose between tese two I would take the 2.4.

Make sure to get some good mem or else your OC dream might end here. Look for some nice BH-5 chips from PC3200 and up.

Back