• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What would the best memory be for me

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Which OCZ do you have?
Are you running 4x2 Gb?
What are your other settings? (CPU voltage, cpuNB speed and voltage, HT Link speed)

Why do you want to OC the HTRef?

OK, it's OCZ3OB1600LV4GK Obsidian series and you've got it manually set to 9-9-9-24 @ 1.7v at 800 MHz (DDR3-1600)?

What exactly are you trying to do - or what isn't it doing?

You do understand the Obsidian memory is in OCZ's value line of RAM?

But every processor has it's top end and I'd bet you're reaching yours. If you really think it's the RAM that's holding you back at this point then turn the speed down. 100 MHz CPU > 200 MHz RAM any day ...

i have it running at 1066 and it says it will run 1600, but no the processor is not max ive seen people getting 7.0ghz on it 5 and 4.5 all day

Nobody's getting 7.0 GHz short of using LN2 and some with LHe.

4.5 GHz might be possible with just the right hardware and lots and lots of tweaking, otherwise you're looking at LN2 or, at the very least, DIce ... ;)

Okay i bought the patriot viper series pc3-10666 ddr3 1333mhz and they actually run at at the specs the box says on it and the timing is 7-7-7-20 much better

Hate to burst your bubble, but 4.5 on these Phenom II 965 is very rare. Even for the C3s.. highest I've seen were usually around 4.2. One hindrance to your OC will be the fact you're using a 64 bit OS. If you read Dolk's guide.. PIIs have difficulty going above 4.0 in 64 bit so you're already at or near the ceiling for that chip. You're also gonna wanna stress for far longer than 10 mins. See how temps are after at least 2 hours of OCCT or Prime95.. most people shoot for 8 hours to check stability.. and some even go 24 hours.

Back