• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats enough for my build?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Buying the top tier video cards is never in the price/performance sweet spot. Only you can decide if it is worth the money.

For me, I would rather have lower settings and stay above 60 FPS than have to deal with 35 FPS. That is console pleeb territory. :D

My GTX 1070 G1 is heavly overclocked @2133mhz, a game like BF1 or GTA5 on 4k ultra setting, around 35-45fps (depends)
Do you all think GTX 1080 Ti is worth the money to upgrade or just FKKK it for now? :D

As stated by Soul, that's up to you. I personally would go with a GTX 1080 Ti if I knew I'm going to be sitting on 4K @ 60hz for a long time and possibly grab another one used down the road for a good price if need to be once games got even more demanding to keep around a constant 60 FPS. If that wasn't the case and I was planning on gaming on 4K 144hz, than I would most likely wait on for the next line of GPUs or wait for the next Ti which I think might be around either the bottom half of 2018 or 2019. But these days, AMD seems to be back on the map so anything is possible.

Back