• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats next for AMD?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Drop your coil in a cooler and fill it with ice just let the water circulate for a bit and top it up before you do your runs. I am sure it will get cold enough for you for a couple runs at least you can always top up your ice as you go along.

We won't tell your pops .........:clap::popcorn::grouphug:
Yeah I did that the other day, I believe I was able to get the loop down to 4c like that. Good but I want -10 to 15c like this winter. :D

Ambidextrous computing? Well, the minimum expectation is that AMD hasn't ceded anything but are actively pushing forward with what they see as solutions that will be meaningful to their long term survival and the 'future' of computing devices from their perspective (market driven, no doubt).

http://www.amd.com/en-us/press-releases/Pages/ambidextrous-computing-2014may05.aspx

Intel has some more info on their next tick or tock, or what ever time zone is involved, the Skylake chipset:

http://www.techpowerup.com/200486/intel-core-skylake-cpus-accompanied-by-100-series-chipset.html

2 years of hype which is historically AMDs way and by that time, a lot of AMD discrete cpu users will have gone Intel and anything that AMD might do then would have to be earth shattering to get users back. And all that when tablets and phones are, what are really hot, for the individuals overall as trends indicate. Not sure that Intel is going to quit R&D for two years either.

They used to say that a year in computer technology is like a decade in most other future production. I wonder what it will feel like to be 20 years behind for AMD?
RGone...ster.

Ya they finally find that rabbit but Intel ate it.

-magician-09501557_low.jpg

One can only hope though that their new line of CPU's aren't stomped on too badly by intel's offerings. I love AMD myself, but my upgrade from my current processor won't be to some low power, bastardized ARM-x86 combo. The fact that both can use the same motherboard socket via "skybridge" points to either really awesome powerful ARM processors, or really under-performing x86 cores. I hope it is the first. Cool idea none the less.

I would love to see and make a come back similar to the original athlon. It blew Intel's current game out of the water and had a lot of people going wow. If they need to take a break for a while I am more than happy to wait a year or two. If it means them coming out swinging a hammer to smash Intel's lead. That's what could happen if they sit in the apu market for a while let Intel get comfortable lazy not pushing to hard then WHAM HAMMERR IN THE FACE!
its a little wishful but I like to dream big.

I still remember the Athlon 64 days those were great. I haven't owned an amd processor since 2009, but I'm hopeful for the future.

Now can we get some "new" video cards? It's not 2012 anymore.

Back