• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's This About Venice & TCCD...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

{AG}Sgt.Stryker

...not playing well together on the K8N Neo2 Plat? I've got 2 sticks of OCZ EL PC4000 Gold Rev2 on the way from the 'egg for my new (last weekend) K8N/Venice rig! Right now it's running with a stick of Corsair 3200XML I swiped out of my Intel rig, and it's running fine (no O/C, yet, though). I'm pretty sure the Corsair is TCCD.

Did I screw up?

Mate,

AFAIK this issue with the Venice/TCCD seems to be due to a crap BIOS and not a hardware problem. All you have to do is wait for a BIOS update and see if that helps. Otherwise, there is no hardware issue I'm aware of.

Despite its share of Bios issues, my Neo2P and 3700 San Diego, which is just a Venice with more cache, does fine with two different brands of TCCD sticks. The OCZ EL Platinum Rev2s and Mushkin L2V2s do as well as they did with my 3200 Winchester.

Hoot

Hoot said:
Despite its share of Bios issues, my Neo2P and 3700 San Diego, which is just a Venice with more cache, does fine with two different brands of TCCD sticks. The OCZ EL Platinum Rev2s and Mushkin L2V2s do as well as they did with my 3200 Winchester.

Hoot

Hoot,

Any thoughts on if the Venice does well with the TCC5 lvl2 v 3's?

Super Nade said:
Hoot,

Any thoughts on if the Venice does well with the TCC5 lvl2 v 3's?

I don't know much about them, but I bet you could find something in the Memory Forum with a search.

Hoot

i have tccd, a venice, and a neo2, beautiful..............and i have to run dividers becaues the ram won't run 1:1 without getting random reboots, and it runs the most stable at 2.5vdimm, they're 437 sticks..........the processor is definately good up to 2.8 thought (133/200 divider at 280x10 @ 2-2-2-5

UPDATE:

I've got my rig running at 250x10 1:1 (ram is PC4000) and she's dead stable. Gonna start pushing the envelope tonight. I don't know for sure if my sticks are TCCD, but they aren't v1.1. Is there a utility that can identify the chips? I'm not pulling off a heatspreader and voiding my warranty to find out!

Been helping a m8 with his Venice/Gskill (TCCD) and DFI SLI with some fsb issues. Basically he could run 280 happily with a winny, but not the Venice. There was a guide over at VR zone with suggested timings for said setup. He followed them to the letter and is not sat at 300*9 1.488v nice and stable.
It seems, a little tweaking is required to get these things to run well together :D link below. All of these settings are available via A64 tweaker. Can be set to load on boot (if the system is stable enough to get to windows in the first place that is)
http://forums.vr-zone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=20888&page=3

when i had the MSI neo and a winchester 64 it seemed to not want to fully work to its potential.
so im not too sure, but maybe MSI needs to re-think their stuff alittle bit? just 2cents.

and HOLY CRAP highlander, cool :cool: avatar

{AG}Sgt.Stryker said:
UPDATE:

I've got my rig running at 250x10 1:1 (ram is PC4000) and she's dead stable. Gonna start pushing the envelope tonight. I don't know for sure if my sticks are TCCD, but they aren't v1.1. Is there a utility that can identify the chips? I'm not pulling off a heatspreader and voiding my warranty to find out!

what bios is your msi motherboard using? and would your amd rig even boot without a motherboard bios flash? thinking of getting same amd cpu and mobo as you but got to make sure there are no compatibility issues first :) .
conveniently i already have the same ram as you and obviously i will need a smaller cpu cooler :p .

RAMMAN:

My K8N N2P booted right out of the box with the Venice and a stick of Corsair XML 3200 with the 1.5 BIOS. I flashed to the 1.8 BIOS before I got my OCZ sticks, so I don't know if there would have been an issue with the 1.5 BIOS and the OCZ sticks. Plugged in the OCZ sticks as soon as I got them and booted right up with no issues. I've now been up to 270x10 and 1:1, but had to back off from 1T to 2T. Haven't Primed or Memtested at 270 yet, but it is stable in WinXP doing e-mail and the 'net.

So how did your IC7 die? You've probably noticed I have one, too.

{AG}Sgt.Stryker said:
So how did your IC7 die? You've probably noticed I have one, too.

dont know, probably due to the 75c cpu on it! i had been using my ic7 for 7 months up until now.dont know weather my prescott is ok or not, either way it has given me a good excuse to ditch intel and get something that should do 26-30k+ in 3dmark01.

Yes, at 250x10 1:1 1T, vid card at 591/1170, here's what I got: Aquamark=64,795 3DMk01SE=26,172 3DMk03=9,604 3DMk05=3947. Haven't run PCMk04 yet. No stability issues and temps were quite acceptable. I'm very happy with my AMD box. Haven't found the breaking point, yet.

RAMMAN said:
it has given me a good excuse to ditch intel
I have to admit, if I had to give up one of my boxen, it would be the Intel (although I would keep the w/c gear and the Raptors for the AMD!)

than there should be nothing stopping me from hitting 30k in 01 when i switch to amd :D .especially with my X800 and all.what are your idle and load cpu temps on your amd rig?

Last edited:
Back