• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's this PC worth?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TickleMyElmo

So alright guys, I plan on selling my baby soon to make $$$ for the new Skylake build I'll be making in a couple months. I'm going to list the parts in my baby and I want your honest opinion on how much I could get for her. If it doesn't meet what I want for it I'll probably part it out.
1. Case:NZXT Phantom 630 2.CPU:intel i7-2600k 3. MB:Asus P8P67 Deluxe 4. CPU Cooler:Corsair h100i 5. SSD:Samsung 850 Evo 500gb (brand new) 6. HDD:Western Digital Caviar Black 1tb 7. PSU:Kingwin KX-1000watt with blue LED 8. GPU:pNY GTX 980 (6 months old) 9. Optical Drive:LG Super Multi DVD-DVDRW. 10. Memory: Corsair Vengeance LP 16gb @1600. This deal will also come with a Corsair K70 Gaming Keyboard with cherry mx blues with blue LED'S, and a Logitech G600 Gaming Mouse with RGB lights. Fresh Windows 10 install with all devices loaded with latest drivers. So what would YOU pay for this setup?

Attachments

• Outside PC.JPG
    Outside PC.JPG
    913.6 KB · Views: 59
  • Inside PC.JPG
    Inside PC.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 59
  • Side PC.JPG
    Side PC.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 60
  • Mouse.JPG
    Mouse.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 59
  • Keyboard.JPG
    Keyboard.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 59
Yep, only for parts. If you sell it as whole setup you'll get around 30% less amount of money than separately. I was earning some additional money when I was studying by buying whole setup and parting it out :)

All together at most $1500, probably closer to $1200-1300

Very loose pricing (off the top of my head)

Mobo: $100
CPU: $200
PSU: $75
GPU: $400
SSD: $150
HDD: $50
RAM: $75
Cooler: $75
Case: $100

-- Adds up to be $1225

edit: with the kb/mouse add an extra $100 or so.

So you think I would make more money if I parted it out and sold everything seperately? Well, the CPU and MB I'd sell together.

So you think I would make more money if I parted it out and sold everything seperately?
Yes. That is what was said in your other thread selling this same system. ;)

The only way you will get $2K out of that system is if the person is clueless. You could have built that cheaper when the parts were new...and these are used and sold as a unit...

Merged duplicate threads and put it in a more appropriate section...

I ended up spending over 3k on this pc. I don't remember how, but I did.
I think I was drunk and misinformed at the time.

Have an added question. Is the Asus Z170-Deluxe ATX LGA1151 a good overclcoking/gaming MB or should I go for the Maximus, Sabertooth, or one of the MSI or AsRock gaming boards?

Its a solid board, but, why spend that cash? Grab the MSI Z170 Gaming M7 (review on the front page) and save almost $100. I surely wouldn't spend the cash on the maximus. Or get Asrock Gaming K6. All should do fine for your uses. Search for some reviews on boards you are interested in to see its features and the reviewers experience with the boards.

Check out our front page for the Gaming M7, the ASUS Deluxe, and the Z170-A. I am in the middle of reviewing the Giga Gmaing 7 and it is solid too.

Back