• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's Your Gaming Song Playlist ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Luke1978

What do you listen to when gaming?

For me, its pretty much just been BF4 lately. My music library is pretty eclectic, but, for the most part it's

Five Finger Death Punch
Butcher Babies
Iced Earth
Metallica
Hell Yeah
Black Veil Brides
Shadows Fall
and some classic rock from Skid Row, Bad Company etc

Depends what I'm playing. If its something more laid back I'll listen to one of RoosterTeeth's podcasts.

Sim racing, nothing. I want to hear the car/tires/etc.

Unless I was grinding in wow or something I always listened to the game...

Unless I was grinding in wow or something I always listened to the game...

Helps get me in a state of mind, and ironically relax.. I don't have the music cranked loud enough that I cant hear footsteps etc

I'm with Janus and Wagex...the game! I find it tough to hear whats going around me playing FPS, which is what mainly what I play, and hear whats going on around me. Maybe I'm just getting old. :)

According to Pandora:

Boston
Chicago
Styx
Rush
Elton John
Journey
Doobie Brothers
Van Halen
Bad Company
REO Speedwagon
Jimi Hendrix
The Cars
The Who
Fleetwood Mac
Thin Lizzy
Led Zeppelin
Eagles
Electric Light Orchestra

etc

Depends on the game. Classic rock in mellower games. Heavy metal in fast paced ones and nothing in more competitive online games

Depends on the game.

Games like LOL or SC2, whatever station I have Pandora on.

Games like Black Flag or BF4, the game itself.

If I'm not on X-fire and don't want to listen to my GPU...

Killing music.

Manson
NIN
5FDP
A7X
Zombie
Static-X
etc...

:attn: :attn:

Thid, typo on your website if you didnt already know, 3rd sentence, first this, its spelled thsi in your site.

I was thinking, today while I was benching listening to music. I should post what I was listening to, does benching count? :)

Anyhoo:
Deftones
Clutch
Slipknot
Primus

I'm usually relegated to listening to the sound of my opponent putting a bullet through my head... LOL!

I was thinking, today while I was benching listening to music. I should post what I was listening to, does benching count? :)

Anyhoo:
Deftones
Clutch
Slipknot
Primus

We are all family :grouphug:

Like seeing the varying tastes. Some of the stuff already listed I kind of forgot I liked. So the collection grows :attn:

LVC I so feel your pain, BUT I am getting steadily better at BF4. I had to stop thinking like a soldier haha. Word of advice, if anyone ever shoots at you in real life dont try strafing back and forth 10 feet in front of him. I can say with complete honesty it doesnt work. Unless he stops to laugh...

I have been playing games without game music or sound for years, I have gotten used to it, I usually listen to Dragonforce and such like music, or I watch shows on Netflix.

Back