• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WHEA-Logger Event ID: 19 "A corrected hardware error has occurred"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gumble

I've just noticed frequent "A corrected hardware error has occurred" warnings in my event viewer dating back to October 16th of this year. As of now I haven't come across any performance issues or anything like that though.

I'm getting 2 different errors, with different processor IDs (0 and 1)

109844 System Warning 11/11/2013 9:24:49 AM Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger 0 19 LOCAL SERVICE NAME 0 4044
A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: 1
Error Type: 9
Processor ID: 0

109658 System Warning 11/11/2013 12:05:52 AM Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger 0 19 LOCAL SERVICE NAME 0 4044
A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: 1
Error Type: 9
Processor ID: 1

Here's my processor, and general PC Specs, the machine came packed with Windows 8, but I downgraded to 7 Ultimate SP1 x64.

AMD A8-5500

TDP: 65W

Operating speed: 3.2 GHz (up to 3.7 GHz turbo)

Number of cores: 4

Socket: FM2

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...5&contentType=SupportFAQ&prodSeriesId=5295962

And if it's of any value, according to Speccy my PC temps seems to sit in the mid-high 50's, with Jumps into the 60's and low 70's.

Last edited:
Did you contact HP Support? Their version of Windows may have some proprietary features / drivers / chipsets, they usually do.

This may not have been a good idea either:

the machine came packed with Windows 8, but I downgraded to 7 Ultimate SP1 x64.

It's difficult to analyze problems with these proprietary machimes but not impossible.

Did you contact HP Support? Their version of Windows may have some proprietary features / drivers / chipsets, they usually do.

This may not have been a good idea either:

It's difficult to analyze problems with these proprietary machimes but not impossible.

I downgraded it in September (almost a month to the day of the WHEA errors), before I did it though I found an HP support thread containing all of the drivers etc. for a Windows 7 downgrade, with no mentions of any issues like this from people who downgraded. It also seemed as though this model was essentially identical to an older model that shipped with 7. At the same time though, being that this issue isn't seen without checking the event viewer, I guess it could have gone unnoticed.

This is the Windows 7 unit it's compared to
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5231479#N355

And here's the thread I mentioned.
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-Desktop-PC-Questions/HP-Pavillion-dv7-p7-1414/td-p/2194167

You are probably going to have a problem with HP since you removed the shipping O/S. It is likely though that you will have to contact them in the end since you may well have a hardware issue.

I g00gled this error since it is seldom spoken of in forums other than Win 7 forums etc. This seems the most likely things to look for as a possible cause.

"AMD provides a tool called MCAT (Machine Check Exception Analysis Tool). You can find it on the AMD site in the

downloads/processor utilities section. Choose the version appropriate to your processor. It installs a command line

utility. To use it, execute mcat on the command line. There are several ways to use it. Execute mcat /? to see the

possible options. Hopefully it can shed some light on the source of your problems.

Besides an issue with the processor there are also other areas of possible issue:

- Poor voltage regulation (i.e. power supply problem, voltage regulator malfunction, capacitor degradation)
- Damage due to power spikes
- Static damage to the motherboard
- Incorrect processor voltage setting in the BIOS (too low or too high)
- Overclocking
- Permanent motherboard or power supply damage caused by prior overclocking
- Excessive temperature caused by insufficient airflow (possibly caused by fan failure or blockage of air inlet/outlet)
- Improper BIOS initialization (the BIOS configuring the motherboard or CPU incorrectly)
- Installation of a processor that is too much for your motherboard to handle (excessive power requirement, incompatibility)
- Defective hardware that may be drawing excessive power or otherwise disrupting proper voltage regulation

Back