• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

where can i get some Rack Mounts?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kohta

where might i find a place to get a rack mount?
It might not even be called a Rack Mount, basiclly people put there motherboards on it along with GPUs and the PSU sits under the rack, typically review sites use them.

Let me see if i can find an example. they might be called workbenches or test benches, either way google is giving me a bunch of unrelated stuff.

I can't really find anything because i'm not sure what they're called, but anyway my plan was to set up a EVGA Classified board with 4x 6970's in crossfirex, so i need to find one large enough for that, and that would fit 2 - 1200 watt PSU's under it comfortably, eventually i will move those 6970's into a different rig when i can hunt down some 6990's in time, or whenever the 7000's dual GPU's come around. There is no way i am going to try to cram all of this into a case.

here we go, it's something along these lines, a XL ATX size, $170 seems a bit pricey though, i'm open for suggestions http://www.highspeedpc.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=TopDeckXL

Last edited:
No problem, glad to help!

If you've got the time and the tools, you could go the DIY route. One of our members has a thread where they built their own, including pictures and videos. Might be worth taking a look.

:thup:

Edit: The link in the original thread is no longer functional. Seems like the domain expired or something. :shrug:

That actually gave me an idea, i took an old HP case from 2003, took off the doors, ripped off all the plastic cladding, mounted the power supply inside the case along with the HDD, flipped it upside down and mounted the motherboard on the back side with some raisers i had from my antec case, didn't cost a dime, and the cables are managed inside the case running through the holes you normally would put them through for cable management.

Last edited:
Awesome, thanks a bunch Jmtyra, looks like they're going to be in the $100+ range, This hobby is killing me! or atleast my wallet.

Worried about $1-200 for the case and you've got probably close to $2k tied up in video cards and power supplies alone??? lol

:clap:

:attn:

Back