• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where is my 24gb go?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BruceUSA

hello all,

I got some question, I got 64gb of ram ddr3 1866mhz 1.5v. I tried to oc the ram to 2133mhz with 1.6v, and stock timing. The pc would not boot into windows. Anyhow, I can run 2133mhz with stock voltage and stock timing, but where is my 24gb of ram go? Intel CPU Usage show only 40gb of ram total. But I have 64gb in it. When I run it at 1866mhz, it shown all 64gb of ram. Any boby know why?

hmm, so during boot do you see all 64gb ? bios post i mean
and in windows you see 40 ?
try resetting everything see what gives

During booting into Windows, you can't see it. After booting into windows, my Intel CPU meter show only 40GB total. If I run it at stock 1866mhz, then it will show 64gb. What I got in this order.

1)Run it stock at 1866mhz> CPU meter shown 64gb of ram (Manual in bios)
2)Run oc 2133mhz with stock 1.5v and stock timing (Manual in bios) > booting into windows. CPU meter shown only 40gb of ram total.
3) Run oc 2133mhz with stock 1.5v and stock timing.(XMP Profile in bios) > booting into Windows. CPU meter shown only 37Gb of ram total. I don't understand why this happening.

Sounds like you're hitting a point of instability in the RAM. Just leave it at 1866MHz, you won't notice the difference anyway.

Sounds like you're hitting a point of instability in the RAM. Just leave it at 1866MHz, you won't notice the difference anyway.

I am going to leave it at stock speed. Everything is working like the way it should. Thank you all for your inputs.

You can try bumping VCCSA/VCCIO voltages up to ~1.3-1.35V to check if it's better. Some of these CPUs end at about 2133. Depends from board and memory controller it may work @2133 or not.
On the other hand you won't see any special performance difference between 1866 and 2133.

Back