• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

where to buy 9500-9700

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gouda96

i heard that some 9500 128mb cards can't be softmodded to 9700's, because they were built on 9500pro pcb instead of 9700 pcb.

I was wondering if anyone has bought, or knows where to buy, a 9500 that can be softmodded?

thanks

I just bought a Sapphire 9500 non-pro from NewEgg. I was able to softmod it to a 9700. When you get the videocard, make sure it has the red pcb and the memory is in an "L" configuration.

Re: ...

gouda96 said:
cool thx... i hoped newegg would be mentioned.

who needs pricewatch... everything is cheapest on newegg lol.:)

Every now and then, you'll find a seller who will blow newegg away. A couple months ago, GameVE beat Newegg on the 9500 by sixty bucks. Doesn't hurt to check pricewatch every now and then, but like others around here, I wouldn't mind paying a little extra just to get it from Newegg.

Every now and then, you'll find a seller who will blow newegg away. A couple months ago, GameVE beat Newegg on the 9500 by sixty bucks. Doesn't hurt to check pricewatch every now and then, but like others around here, I wouldn't mind paying a little extra just to get it from Newegg.

Don't get me wrong... I always check price watch. Newegg is often not the cheapest on things that were just released... 2 weeks ago (5/16/03) p4 2.4's were like$30 cheaper on gameve.com, and my ocz 3700 was like $15 cheaper a stick on techmole.com. Although the other 20 components were cheaper on newegg.

new egg is not that cheap and they charge tax and shipping for most everything so after all is not that great.

that is the most rediculous thing i have ever heard!

They are the cheepest about 95% of the time. Half the time they don't charge for shipping, or it is less than $5, and that is for 3 day shipping, maybe even 2 day (order in the morning, and get lucky... i live in ga, so doesn't happen often).

And they are kind of legally obligated to tax you in some way....so why you would say that is beyond me.

Back