• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where to buy TECs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I had a pelt on a Pentium D a couple years ago. It isn't really all that worth the trouble. Your temps will be fairly good, but as mentioned they suck up power. The entire room I was in would get a few degrees hotter.

I couldn't imagine using a peltier on an air cooling setup. It's just foolish. The peltier would heat up your case like no other. Your box would need so many fans, it would sound like a jet. This is assuming you're using a high wattage peltier. Using a weaker one just wouldn't make sense price/performance. You need a second PSU and a small one is still too many watts to be worth the cooling benefits.

If you lived in an apartment with utilities included, had a great A/C system and you don't mind burning all that coal, then I suppose peltiers are for you.

If you lived in an apartment with utilities included, had a great A/C system and you don't mind burning all that coal, then I suppose peltiers are for you.

Or if your like me and live in a dorm with utilities included....They wont be making much of a profit off me :)

Ok say you put a TEC in a 430WATT PSU like minimal TEC wattage maybe 50? Would that be fine on air cooling? Because if the TEC is pushing like 50C off this heatsink has it.

EDIT:

I found this http://item.express.ebay.com/Melcor...0QQitemZ270214248061QQihZ017QQcmdZExpressItem

Specs:

* 81.5-Watts (Qmax)
* 8.5-Amps (Imax)
* 740C (Delta Tmax)
* 16.4-Volts (Vmax) Can Run on 12-Volts as well
* Dimensions: 39.9mm x 39.9mm x 3.34mm
* 800C Max Temp
* Lapped Ceramic Surfaces
* 16-Guage Wire Leads
* 8.5-Inch Long Wire Leads

800C max temps? is that enough for air cooling? It would be on 12V line.

740 delta max? somethings wrong there, unless they meant 74 degrees...
And theres no way that would cool well. Your processor puts out ~65W at stock (2.1 ghz) so the pelt you linked would be able to run your processor cooler, but with no over clock.

I have a 12TEC Boreas Chiller and also a 6TEC Elite. I love both of them and they are both cooling QX9650s. One at 4GHz and the other at 4.5GHz. Thats the one the Boreas is cooling. Underload temps are 36c-34c-32c-32c Thats pretty good for 4.5GHz. The Elite keeps the other QX at 26c-24c24c-27c underload,Besides building and selling I also work as a reviewer,so i got both of them for free.

how much power is 12 TEC's pulling?! what are the wattages of each? are they sinmply just stacked on top of each other?
I think I've seen that one. They use many pelts that are undervolted (which increases their efficiency) and cool over a larger area....not sure though.

[OT]
hey thid, check out the thick fan thread, i had a quick question for ya
[/OT]

sorry :) but thats cool. how do they cool over a larger area when the chip surfce is only so big? or do they cool indirectly on something like a HS?

[OT]
hey thid, check out the thick fan thread, i had a quick question for ya
[/OT]

sorry :) but thats cool. how do they cool over a larger area when the chip surfce is only so big? or do they cool indirectly on something like a HS?
Yeah, that is what I'm thinking.

Fan thread?

hmm ok so its cooling the water and not the cpu directly. looks neat. how cold could something like that get? i see its only 130W

Back