• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which 19" crt monitor to get?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kent_b29

Which one would you suggest? I want a good one, but a good price/preformance ratio is always nice. Nothing over $300 for sure, and would like to be below that by as much as possible.

Kent

NEC=Mitsubishi...If you get one with the DiamondTron tube they rock...And ViewSonic makes great bang for the buck monitors...:)

Viewsonic Monitors

I can speak with a little bit of authority on the monitor question. I have had at least a dozen different name brand monitors. Just recently I built a dual monitor system with two Viewsonic G90FB 19" CRT's. What an awesome monitor. The clearest I have seen and also the antiglare feature was great. My office has flourscent lighting which can hurt my eyes on regular monitors. They have true .21 DPI and run at 85 hertz, and are very fast. They are around 250.00 . You will not be disappointed.

i hear very good things about the Hiatchi CM721FB its like 280 on newegg and has a 5 year warranty which is about how long i own a monitor for so thats good for me :D

checkout tigerdirect.com, i bought 3 monitors from there, pretty nice deals, they have The Samsung SyncMaster 950b 19" recertified monitor for 119.99, i've never had a problem with them, i bought a Dell recertified monitor from them, great condition and no problems.

I just picked up a Viewsonic P95f+ recently and am not very happy with it. Everything about it is excellent, except for the fact that there is a washed-out white effect that's created due to the light being reflected back from the piece of glass in front of the screen. I don't know if the other monitors have this but look out for this if you see them in person. You'll notice that there is a kind of glow around white icons and text because of it, and if there is surrounding black it gets washed out a bit. I'm surprised that no one ever seems to mention this as is really ruins the other really great features of the monitor.

Captain Hilts said:
I just picked up a Viewsonic P95f+ recently and am not very happy with it. Everything about it is excellent, except for the fact that there is a washed-out white effect that's created due to the light being reflected back from the piece of glass in front of the screen. I don't know if the other monitors have this but look out for this if you see them in person. You'll notice that there is a kind of glow around white icons and text because of it, and if there is surrounding black it gets washed out a bit. I'm surprised that no one ever seems to mention this as is really ruins the other really great features of the monitor.

my NEC MS97f 19" monitor does the same thing. I upgraded from an NEC FE700+ FD trinitron so "downgrading" to the 19" was a pain at first. But honestly I got used to it and I really enjoy the extra two inches.

I vote for NEC's as well. I think almost all Natural Flat Diamondtron and FD trinitron tubes are sweet.

Yeah I don't have the ultrabright on. With that on it's just way too bright, although it's not bad for TV. I've played around with the settings enough so now the problem is down to a minimum, but the white glow effect is still noticable on pages such as these, where there is a lot of white images on a black background.

personally i dont really like my samsung 995df, for some reason my eyes really bug out after a few hours staring at it..i am not sure why

99'erForever said:
I have a Samsung SyncMaster 955df and LOVE IT! I got mine fore $220 from Dell 6 months ago.

I used to have a 955df....Gave me problems, Returned it and got a ViewSonic A90F+....The ViewSonic is a ******* Unit....:D

Last edited:
i have a 955df and i run at 1024, anything higher kind of hurts my eyes and i get headaches after awhile :mad:

I have a Samsung SyncMaster 959NF (flat, daimondtron) and it rocks!

I'm running @ 1280*1024 100Hz

Back