• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which 6600gt brand

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

seiferoth10

Well, I decided to jump on the bandwagon and get a 6600gt .

The card will be purchased from newegg, but i don't which of those manufacturers is best...

The choices:

Apollo
Xfx
AOpen
Albatron
Msi
Leadtek
Evga

I know that the xfx has that 1.6ns mem, but does that really justify the $25.00 increase?

As of now, I'm leaning towards msi, mainly because I have an msi mobo and I'd like to think there's a lower chance of something screwing up if they're both from msi (I know it doesnt matter..)

Last edited:
I would have to say Leadtek. I have dual Leadtek 6600 GT TDH's and they are pretty damn nice. I scored a 13081 in 3Dmark03 and 5526 in 3Dmark05. Another nice thing is that the Leadtek's have GDDR3 Ram chips which allows for a 1GHz memory clock and a 500MHz core clock.

Westline said:
I would have to say Leadtek. I have dual Leadtek 6600 GT TDH's and they are pretty damn nice. I scored a 13081 in 3Dmark03 and 5526 in 3Dmark05. Another nice thing is that the Leadtek's have GDDR3 Ram chips which allows for a 1GHz memory clock and a 500MHz core clock.

SO do the XFX cards and some of the forum overclocks are around 1.2 on mem.

I say buy the cheapest one that comes with the best clocks of 500/1000

ck

if your paying over $150 for one of those, get the x800np instead, its $199 and has 12 pipes and 256 bit ram and way faster than the 6600gt :)

Back