• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which fans are better antec or thermaltake?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
thanks for the response. i ended up buying antec's from another site for about $9 shipped. newegg was just way more $$$ for this item(about $16 shipped.

Yeah, antec dude. Not a big fan of TT. Personally looking at a nice Noctua 12cm fan.....

Antec is ok all arounder. I've never had issue with them til just recently on my P180 case. Never used the original fans before and put them into action recently. They ended up leaking some type of fluid (guessing bearings) onto the fan blade and housing. Didn't find anything anywhere in the case but its noticeable on the slowdown of the fan when I shut the PC off. There are stopping much quicker than 1 thats not doing it.

I've used Antec over the past 7 years on/off. My current ones are the only ones I'd have to say that will die shortly died. Some other ones laying around still run perfectly fine. Thermaltake, I had a few of those fans, now they are in a friends PC and running strong still, 3 years later on a 24/7 machine.

Antec ftw. i have 5 Antec Blue LED fans 120mm in my computer. nothing wrong with them, they look good, perform good. can't hear them over my vacuum cleaner noise making power supply (nor would anything else be heard). althought, one of the fans makes a weird noise when i turn it to 2000rpm, may be something to do with the bearing

I have 3 Antec Tricool no LED,they 're very powerfull and not making a lot of noice.I don't like TT stuff.

The Antec fan costs twice as much because, well, it's worth twice as much. Generally you do get what you pay for. I've always had very good luck with Antec's fans, cases, and power supplies. Thermaltake... not so much.

Back