• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which is better?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JonSimonzi

I have this sound card, which is a little old. I haven't actually used it in a while. But would that card be better than my onboard audio on a P5Q-E? Really don't know too much about the audio end of things. Thanks for any input :)

I actually was thinking of asking a similar but differnet question today :)

I doubt it will be better the nthe modern onboard. Only time onboard is a problem anymore is during extreme OCes when you might get some EMI. Or just want the best audio possible. In which case a 15 dollar soundcard is not it.

I was wondering since I have a crappy pair of unamped PC speakers if that same sound card will put out more power... but im on an OLD pc...

I didn't think that would be better than modern on board sound, that's why I haven't used it in a while, but figured I'd ask.

Do like I did with my old Phillips 5.1 SC...pitch it...these new OBS just blow that old tech away anymore...

BTW - if you dont have a 5.1+ SS speakers system...this is a must anymore...7.1 really...since the new boards support 7.1...but 5.1 min. ;)

Back