• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which one should I get? HELP!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OCS911

I am building new system and now I have to decide on motherboard which I need help to pick one. I have PC P&C 510 SLI, Lian Li V2100 Case, TwinMos TM400II Memory, waiting for AMD 3200+ Venice. Does it worth to go SLI? any real performance gains on SLI? anyway I know there are 3 models of DFI NF4 which DFI NF4 Ultra D, UT LanParty and SLI-DR so please help me pick out the good one and do give opinions on your vote thanks!

I think it depends on how you want to play your games. If eye candy is all important to you at the highest resolution, you may want to go SLI. My 6600GT and system are OC'd and I play HL2 at 1024 with max details and run almost constantly above 100fps. SLI can be kind of expensive obviously, but performance has shown that 2x6600GT < 1x6800GT so if you're going to go SLI, I would say go all out and get a 2x6800GT. OR if you're not sure you want to drop ~$800 on video cards, try buying 1 6800 card and if you are not satisfied, get another! :)

As for your motherboard question, it seems the Ultra-D boards are still moddable to SLI. If you don't need the extra SATA ports and few other perks the SLI-DR offers, just go with the Ultra-D board and mod the chipset to support SLI.

Back